TechSpot

Apple intros Magic Trackpad, updates iMac and Mac Pro

By Jos
Jul 27, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Putting an end to weeks of speculation, Apple today released an update to the iMac line while also introducing what it calls the Magic Trackpad, a wireless multi-touch surface that brings MacBook-like gestures to the desktop.

Read the whole story
  2. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,291   +263

Great - I just got 120 x 22" C2D iMacs at work - not that I could've waited for some new ones to ship, but it would've been nice if they released these last month.
  3. Wow... SSDs and HDDs together! Who would have thought this possible?
    5750 graphics cards - what an absolute beast of a machine, and for only $3000!
    Where can I sign up?

Seriousl though, how to Apple get away with selling these trashboxes...
  4. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,494   +304

5. This is ridiculous.

And what about the charger? Like, seriously Apple?
  6. g4mer

g4mer TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 340

All laptops have trackpad's and they sucks. Mouse technology is waay better than this.
  7. tengeta

tengeta TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 632

Can't say I'll ever find myself interested in an external trackpad, I still wish notebooks used trackballs.
  8. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,490   +292

And multitouch type stuff on any PC trackpad I've ever used has sucked. Try the multitouch stuff on a Mac laptop.
  9. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,494   +304

My bro has a Brand New (i mean its 2 days old) Mac Book Pro and your right they are way better than what windows can dish out but track pads are crap! end of story. I mean, this is taking a step back not forward to encourage your users to buy a trackpad for your DESKTOP.

Apple users will one day be jealous of all windows users using a mouse. man will it be funny watching people try to play an FPS with one of these.
  10. Gars

Gars TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 228

MacBook Pro you said

how about the colors?
    ive see many complaints about the "true colors" - achieved by dithering of low quality led pix.

say something plz - thanx in advance
  11. Flannelwarrior

Flannelwarrior Newcomer, in training Posts: 149

This is obviously just another accessory for Mactards to feel like they NEED. A lot of Mac users don't know jack about computers (same can obviously be said about PC users, of course) but want the flashiest, most stylish, and newest Apple toys. This can be proven by looking at iPad sales. No one needs an iPad. Trackpad is to mouse as iPad is to netbook, in my opinion

12. Flannelwarrior

Flannelwarrior Newcomer, in training Posts: 149

This is obviously just another accessory for Mactards to feel like they NEED. A lot of Mac users don't know jack about computers (same can obviously be said about PC users, of course) but want the flashiest, most stylish, and newest Apple toys. This can be proven by looking at iPad sales. No one needs an iPad. Trackpad is to mouse as iPad is to netbook, in my opinion

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.