Apple iOS 4.3 beta released with Personal Hotspot, more

By Matthew
Jan 13, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Apple has released a beta version of iOS 4.3 to developers via the iOS Dev Center, bringing a few dozen bug fixes and features for the third and fourth-gen iPod touch, iPhone 3GS and 4, iPad and Apple TV.

Read the whole story
  2. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TechSpot Addict Posts: 865   +167

Hmmm, Personal Hotspot will be a good feature! Looking like they are getting a couple ideas from Android though, seeing as they have been doing it since Froyo rolled out.
  3. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

I find it shocking Apple has not started using its elitist, pseudo-marketing logic on this one. They haven't called Personal Hotspot something like "HotspotTime" and call it its first for its kind; kind of like how they did with FaceTime. People actually think the iPhone is the first phone with video calling... Don't even get me started with the "Retina Display."

Ignorance is bliss.
  4. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

I'll just start for you :p

The retina display is actually a low-mid level screen. The reason for this being that the contrast ratio is only 800:1. This results in washed out, poorly reproduced colours with low saturation. The resolution also does not exceed the limit of if humans can see pixels. That limit is at 477 ppi, where the iphone only has 326.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.