TechSpot

Apple iPad Mini, Retina 13-inch MacBook release imminent, according to rumors

By Julio Franco
Oct 15, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Apple's last event was entirely dedicated to the iPhone 5, but once that was done and over, rumors quickly turned to an eventual "iPad Mini" release. Citing the usual unnamed sources, several sites have been putting together the pieces of...

Read more

2. IMO, with the proliferation of ultrabook, apple definitely should make dramatically thinner macbook. And I hope the new macbook form factor able to reach near 1cm thickness

3. ReederOnTheRun

ReederOnTheRun TS Booster Posts: 310   +62

Dang, that's going to be a nice screen. Now if only I didn't have to wade through Apple's BS to use it I might get it.

4. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,978   +390

Why would anyone want a macbook that thin? seriously? all that does is cause heat, durability, and mental sanity issues.

5. @ikemasher
    "Why would anyone want a macbook that thin? seriously? all that does is cause heat, durability, and mental sanity issues"

I guess most consumer wants thinner form factor (and lighter) without compromising display size. Heat and durability problems depend on how the engineer design it, I have no doubt in their unibody design for durability, but for heat problem, that will be another case. And for mental sanity issues, definitely it will cause more severe than we could think of.. (yeah, I forgot about that one because I like apple product but not a fanboy) :D

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.