TechSpot

Apple iPhone 4S pre-orders top one million in 24 hours

By Jos
Oct 10, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Despite the apparent disappointment from the absence of a redesigned iPhone 5 at last week's press event, Apple has revealed this morning that pre-orders for the iPhone 4S have topped…

Read the whole story
  2. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,496   +304

I wish I could be part of it, alas, I don't have that kind of money lying around at the moment. Grant it, I am saving the pennies for one of these.
  3. If you will make it they will come; especially if you are a company like Apple and a nation like America.
  4. Cota

Cota TS Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

America is not a nation its a continent.
  5. Ahh, but there is South America and there is North America.

Of course there is the United States of America.
  6. RH00D

RH00D TS Addict Posts: 406   +105

Are we really nitpicking like that? Lighten up, you know what he meant.

Anyways, I'm glad to see Apple rolling in success because it only puts the pressure on everyone else to one-up Apple. In return, Apple will try to one-up everyone else, it's a win for everyone.
  7. Nima304

Nima304 TS Enthusiast Posts: 293   +31

Finally, more decent pricing for hard drive space. Nice work, Apple. Now the prices SOMEWHAT resemble the value of the product.
  8. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

I'm actually considering ditching my Windows Phone 7 and getting the 4S. I never liked Apple, but I always loved their products. Such is the irony.

I've never been a good early adopter of anything, I admit; I love polished software, but until Microsoft stops being lazy with WP7 and starts updating it at least TWICE a year, and stop playing catch-up, I can't take the platform seriously. (Seriously, Mango brought in speech-to-text, and text-to-speech, only to be obliterated by iOS' Siri, and not to mention it was already vastly inferior to Android's voice capabilities. What major feature is left then? Multitasking, and contacts grouping? Congrats Microsoft, welcome to 2008).

I will undoubtedly go back to WP7 (because I love what the OS represents) but only until it has grown. Right now it's just a baby in need of a diaper, with a mother who wants him to be a football player when he grows up, but is too lazy to even drive him to practice.

I could have gone to Android (which I like), but out of the three, it currently is the most insecure and inefficient. So, in essence, I think what I'm saying is that I'm part of the million. :)
  9. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

Really? The 32GB version is £100 more than the 16GB one, that's about £6/$10 per GB!
  10. foreverzero89

foreverzero89 TS Enthusiast Posts: 246

wow, will the sheep ever stop?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.