TechSpot

Apple patents a way to make all-glass iOS devices and monitors

By Justin Kahn
Jul 9, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Apple has patented a new way to create all-glass housings for electronic devices. The filing goes over a way to fuse together pieces of glass that could be used for iOS gadgets as well as TV and display devices.

Read more

2. Satish Mallya

Satish Mallya TS Addict Posts: 125   +92

Article title is disingenuous. It should read "Apple patents a way to make all-glass devices and monitors"

3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,513   +2,056

Yup. Apples patents are really headline grabbing. I wonder if an Apple employee went to the toilet today because if one did, I haven't read about it yet.

4. GhostRyder

GhostRyder This guy again... Posts: 2,191   +590

Would love to see an all glass device, would be sick looking.

5. Rippleman

Rippleman TS Guru Posts: 563   +178

but yet, on each and every single apple thread, here you are.

6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Yup, here I am. You know what they say about soapies and Apple is just one big overpriced, overrated soapie, not that I watch soapie's but I like a good drama especially one where Apple comes 2nd.

7. mctommy

mctommy TS Booster Posts: 190   +30

Overpriced? All phones are overpriced not just Apple. Most $600+ phones have manufacturing costs in the range of $190-240 not including R&D and supply chain costs... likely yielding $200-300 profit to Samsung, HTC, Apple.

8. Rippleman

Rippleman TS Guru Posts: 563   +178

shhh... don't tell anyone... it will melt their apple hating brains.

9. Skidmarksdeluxe

I couldn't agree more that they're all overpriced but Apple stands peerless at the pinnacle.

10. mctommy

mctommy TS Booster Posts: 190   +30

such oxymoron... as there are no pinnacle unless you have irrefutable proof/fact that apple is the most overpriced.

11. Skidmarksdeluxe

I don't need irrefutable proof, just common sense to know where to throw my money around. Apples prices differ from country to country, e.g. over here the old 5S is far more expensive than the new SGS5.