TechSpot

Apple planning to release the iPad HD (2048 x 1536 resolution)

By Emil
Jul 8, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. The next version of Apple's iPad tablet will reportedly be called the iPad HD, and will launch alongside the next iPhone later this year. The new device will sport a…

Read the whole story
  2. The performance is going to be worse than the current generation device I'm assuming, just as was the case with their phone when they bumped the resolution.
  3. Saturday

Saturday TS Rookie

I don't know where you heard that, but if you've ready anything about the iPhone 4 you'd find that it's performance far surpasses that of even the 3GS.

Anyways, I'm glad to see Apple not completely changing it to the point of making an iPad 3, as that would render the 2 obsolete. Sort of similar to there being a "higher-end market" machine for Macs. No, the average consumer doesn't need a Mac Pro, that's what the iMac is for. No, the average consumer doesn't need a 1536p screen.
  4. The iPhone 4 has a better CPU/GPU to go along with that however.

the iPad 2 already has the A5, no way they've got the A6 ready until next year.

I'm a different person than the one you've quoted, I just happen to agree with him/her.
  5. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,075   +76

I bet it still has the same old lame 64gb max storage.... Come on Apple, double that and I might consider buying one of your products.
  6. momir

momir TS Rookie

What are you talking about? Since when did we start to need that kind of storage capacity on a mobile device? Give me a reason why someone would need more than 64GB that already by itself is plenty
  7. odriscoll27

odriscoll27 TS Rookie Posts: 81

I think that this is simple rediculous - apple are launching far too many products in such a short space of time they will end up spending more on production and design than the revenue generated from each generation of the products!!!
  8. sjatin68

sjatin68 TS Rookie

yep it will launch with a battery life of 15 mins and if apple tend to offer more..... It will weigh around 10 pounds.
    cmon man a 10 inch screen with that res will alone cost equal five ipads
    1080p is a bit more reasonable
  9. sjatin68

sjatin68 TS Rookie

first of all i doubt whether apple can pull off such a display themselves....
    Them they are left with samsung,lg and toshiba.
    Samsung can pull it off but with the current tensions b/w them i dont think there will be a deal

if apple somehow manage then they might require to fit it with a GTX 580 and a car battery
  10. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

I love the people who think they know what they're talking about and keep saying that dual core cpus and higher res screens use more electricity. The only screen with a resolution of this size is Samsung's 2560x1600 RGBW panel. It uses 40 percent less electricity than a 2560x1600 RGB panel. It's not going to kill battery life.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.