TechSpot

Apple postpones Chinese iPhone 4S release, crowd throws eggs

By Rick
Jan 13, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Apple has postponed plans to begin offering the iPhone 4S through its retail locations in mainland China, the Washington Post reports. The company was forced to delay the launch becauseā€¦

Read the whole story

2. Ranger12

Ranger12 TS Guru Posts: 642   +118

What foresight on their part to bring eggs with them!

3. matrix86

matrix86 TS Maniac Posts: 804   +9

HAHA! I was just thinking the same thing. I was like, "wait a minute...they carry eggs around with them? Must be a Chinese thing." :p

4. foreverzero89

foreverzero89 TS Enthusiast Posts: 246

such a disgrace.....and yet another reason to hate apple, they have all those people brainwashed! there are better devices out there than the iphail!

5. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

a giant kung fu fight leaving hundreds injured would have been a much better ending.

6. Good idea, I should of bring eggs to the apple open. Droid soldier.... FTW!

7. Better yet, rotten apples!

8. matrix86

matrix86 TS Maniac Posts: 804   +9

Hold up a minute, here. I hate Apple as much as the next guy, but now you've just got blind hate here. What Apple did was a good thing. They put the safety of innocent bystanders and employees ahead of business. I do believe they could have found a much better way to handle this, but still, I applaud them for putting safety ahead of business. Set aside your blind fanboy hate and act like an adult for minute.

9. Mindwraith

Mindwraith TS Enthusiast Posts: 186

People get so excited over a phone.. its a sad society that we have

10. Well said.

11. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TS Booster Posts: 363   +86

+1

12. This is no different in Black Friday sale here, where people kills each other by human stampeding to a sale items that the media hype about.

Route44 likes this.
  13. ahh!, there is a place called call a Grocery store, Bodega, mom and pop store, or corner store to other that call them by a different name. I sure they have them near a Apple store everywhere in the world.

14. funguseater

funguseater TS Rookie

Don't Worry!!!! You can still buy an ePhone 4s down the street!!!

15. jeffz6

jeffz6 TS Rookie Posts: 78

Next years model includes the egg

Route44 likes this.
  16. Euph0ria

Euph0ria TS Rookie

Wait a sec... how do apply "Fanboy" just because you loathe what Apple has done and has been doing to the industry for years? Where's the "Fan" in knowing Apple sucks ***?

17. Euph0ria

Euph0ria TS Rookie

They've patented the iegg, and they'll sue or force you to pay royalties you if you try and throw a regular egg at them because it infringes on their copyright. A regular egg has never been patented and it resembles their iegg too closely for anyone use it freely without royalties.

Doctor John likes this.
  18. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,172   +37

There is so much truth here I can't add to it. (y)

19. Doctor John

Doctor John TS Enthusiast Posts: 247   +15

Nice one!! LMAO :D

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.