TechSpot

Apple releases iOS 6.1 with greater LTE support, Siri movie ticket sales

By Shawn Knight
Jan 28, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Apple today released the first major update to iOS 6 since the operating system was released in September 2012. The update, aptly named iOS 6.1, includes a handful of bug fixes as well as a couple of new features –...

Read more

2. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Maniac Posts: 585   +79

It'll be nice to find out exactly what's changed and what's fixed. but this is apple we're talking about, who we're kiddin.

3. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,538   +331

It was perfect in the first place, All they've done is add extra features

Magical...

4. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,479   +624

Currently downloading. Let's see if they fixed their Maps icon! :D

5. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,973   +587

I updated my iPhone 5 yesterday. The only feature I prayed for - and they have done, yes!- not to brick the phone as a result of the update.

6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,425   +822

Wouldn't it be wiser just replacing your Apple hardware with something else?

7. Jim$ter

Jim$ter TS Enthusiast Posts: 140   +25

It's the Best One Yet ;)

8. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,973   +587

Apple is all about style, not wisdom ;)

9. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,425   +822

If you can call daylight robbery style then they're the most stylish in the business.

10. OneSpeed

OneSpeed TS Enthusiast Posts: 146   +32

As everyone stayed away from new product introductions a day before the new Blackberrys are introduced, only Apple will introduce something they claimed is new - a 128 GB iPad, WTF? Is it really new? I've never met anyone coming close to maxing out their 32 GB model. Apple should give it a break and let RIM intro their new phone; everyone else is...

11. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,479   +624

Well, I installed it. Maps icon still tells me to drive off an overpass.

I can't see anything else. Pretty funny that a *.1 revision only fixes bugs, HA!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.