Apple releases new versions of iOS, Mac OS X, watchOS, and tvOS

Scorpus

Staff member

Alongside Apple's new hardware announcements, the company has released a collection of software updates for those with existing devices: iOS 9.3, Mac OS X 10.11.4, watchOS 2.2, and tvOS 9.2.

iOS 9.3 has been available as a beta for the past few months, and it includes the most changes of all the OS updates released today. The update brings a new Night Shift mode to adjust the color temperature of your display in the evenings, as well as Touch ID protection for notes, a multi-user mode for iPads in education markets, more data in the Health app, and more minor updates and bug fixes.

OS X 10.11.4 includes Live Photo viewing in the Photos and Messages apps, password support for individual notes in the Notes app, and a collection of bug fixes.

watchOS 2.2 brings support for multiple Apple Watch models, allowing users to switch between them with much greater ease. There's also an updated Maps app that's more intuitive to use and has the ability to show nearby locations.

tvOS 9.2 adds in a number of features missing from the original release, such as voice dictation through the Siri Remote, and Bluetooth keyboard support. You'll can also now group apps into folders, and iCloud Photo Libraries can now be viewed using an Apple TV.

All of these updates can be downloaded now to your devices through the usual processes. Anything that runs the previous version of these operating systems can be updated, which should include most of Apple's hardware released over the past few years.

Permalink to story.

Updated purely for night shift. Not supported on 32bit devices (basically anything under the iphone 5s). even though f.lux works just fine on jailbroken devices. Never buying another apple phone...

Isn't nightshift just a feature they stole from another app and then ruthlessly took the app down from the app store?

Apple really can get annoying. Everytime I see their commercials stating they made pictures better by giving them motion I laugh. No, GIFs have been around far longer Apple.

Updated purely for night shift. Not supported on 32bit devices (basically anything under the iphone 5s). even though f.lux works just fine on jailbroken devices. Never buying another apple phone...
How would that be a 64bit CPU only feature? I are confused.

Isn't nightshift just a feature they stole from another app and then ruthlessly took the app down from the app store?

Apple really can get annoying. Everytime I see their commercials stating they made pictures better by giving them motion I laugh. No, GIFs have been around far longer Apple.
They copied Nokia's Living Images too, which did the same thing.

Back