TechSpot

Apple releases OS X Lion preview for developers, features sneak peak

By Julio Franco
Feb 24, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. While much of the attention in recent months has centered on the iPad and what Apple has now confirmed will unveil next March 2nd, the company has also been hard at work on the next iteration of OS X.

Read the whole story
  2. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 715   +28

Is that the first acknowledgement by apple that there will be a server version of Lion? Havent seen much about it till now.
  3. NeoFryBoy

NeoFryBoy Newcomer, in training Posts: 72

They're going to run out of felines.
  4. Whoaman

Whoaman Newcomer, in training Posts: 71

While most of these useful features have been "available" in different guises at the application or third-party level in the various OSs for some, what I find great is how elegantly and seamlessly Apple is able to incorporate them at the core level of OS X so that all applications can easily take advantage. When one examines the foundation of OS X (unix\nextStep\Apple) it is well organized making extending the OS in meaningful ways without creating a mess relatively easy and upgrading less prone to disaster.

I'll be happy when Apple runs out of cats as I'm highly allergic.
  5. mario

mario Ex-TS Developer Posts: 399   +17

Well It looks like we have a lot of available felines:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felines

I would love to see a OS X Ocelot, although I'm not sure how I would feel about OS X Cougar :)
  6. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd Newcomer, in training Posts: 555

Personally i would like to see "OS Voltron"
  7. krayzie

krayzie Newcomer, in training Posts: 62

everyone knows cats are for girls..

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.