Apple reportedly schedules iPhone 6 unveiling for September 9

Jos

Staff

Apple is targeting September 9 for its next iPhone unveiling. Although invitations have yet to go out to press outlets, Re/code has learned that the company scheduled a “big media event” on that day. 

The date itself shouldn’t come as a big surprise as it falls nicely in line with the company’s yearly release cycle -- the iPhone 5s/5c and 5 were announced in September 2013 and 2012, respectively, while the 4S was introduced in October 2011. As for what exactly the company will have in store we can only speculate, but rumors have consistently pointed to a bump in screen size.

In particular, Apple’s next iPhone is expected feature a slightly redesigned body, and come in two sizes: a 4.7-inch model that will launch first around September, and possibly a 5.5-inch variant sometime later. Along with the larger screen, the iPhone 6 may include a more durable sapphire display, and the usual range of performance and camera improvements. 

Apple has reportedly ordered up to 80 million iPhone 6 units from suppliers for 2014, in what could be the company’s biggest iPhone launch yet.

The Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg both separately corroborated the September 9 event through their own sources.

Permalink to story.

So no actually new features for this? How will the Apple PR people sell this as new and exciting now? Or will they just say this is what the iPhone should have been like two years ago?

So no actually new features for this? How will the Apple PR people sell this as new and exciting now? Or will they just say this is what the iPhone should have been like two years ago?
Supposedly there are battery improvements and a bunch of changes under the hood. I wouldn't judge till it is released.

Supposedly there are battery improvements and a bunch of changes under the hood. I wouldn't judge till it is released.

Bad advice, line up now or you will miss out. Who cares what it's going to be like, don't wait to find out, line up now damn it!

Formatting not required for that one ;)

Steve, you are horribly unprofessional.
Not only are you "editorializing" on an otherwise impartial report (if you want to do that, drop the "Staff" marker that goes alongside your comments), but also your constant, borderline childish criticism of everything Apple does is just as fanatic as the Apple fans that line up for a new model that you are mentioning. Outside of the group of commenters that loves to come here as diss that company every chance they get, this behaviour (from both you and them) is highly annoying, not unlike Apple worshipping itself.

Not only are you "editorializing" on an otherwise impartial report (if you want to do that, drop the "Staff" marker that goes alongside your comments), but also your constant, borderline childish criticism of everything Apple does is just as fanatic as the Apple fans that line up for a new model that you are mentioning. Outside of the group of commenters that loves to come here as diss that company every chance they get, this behaviour (from both you and them) is highly annoying, not unlike Apple worshipping itself.
I honestly like the close nit community between the techspot staff and its readers.

But I never said anything negative about Apple here or the product. I merely poked fun at a well known phenomenon that occurs on launch day. Besides I don't professionaly review any Apple products or their competitors since I don't include PC parts as competition.

It was a bit of fun to be had with guys like yRaz. Not people hiding behind guest accounts with zero sense of humor.

JC713 even has an iPhone and he was able to take the comments for what they were, silly.

I honestly like the close nit community between the techspot staff and its readers.

...me too -

And Thank you Steve, while I own an iPhone, you nailed it... that darn apple bug already is telling me to get in line and blow my money to upgrade now my 5S to 6.

Why not call it the 60BS and spare us half a century of Apple boredom and consumers fawning over some "worthy" product.

New toilet duck tomorrow - now that is something to get excited about.

;-)

Because you dont know the new features, you assume NO new features

Do you really care what it's going to be like?
If it was the biggest pile of garbage iFans would still buy it.

But I never said anything negative about Apple here or the product. I merely poked fun at a well known phenomenon that occurs on launch day. Besides I don't professionaly review any Apple products or their competitors since I don't include PC parts as competition.

It was a bit of fun to be had with guys like yRaz. Not people hiding behind guest accounts with zero sense of humor.

JC713 even has an iPhone and he was able to take the comments for what they were, silly.
We need humor every once and a while like you said! Otherwise TS would be just another bland tech site xD.

Do you really care what it's going to be like?
It's funny because that is true xD.

Merged posts, didn't alter content -sngx1275

Last edited by a moderator:
<sacasm> I am already lined up </sacasm>
And this is why boys and girls, we need this, :rolleyes: worked back into the new forum software!

Steve, please lobby your boss for an extended set of emoticons, or at least ones we can read. Pretty please. There I've said it, "pretty please", without any shame. Or maybe just a little. ;)

Last edited:
Err... the article was impartial wasn't it?

It is going to one of the best phones out there. Why would anyone call it garbage. It may not be worth it but it will still be among the best.

It is going to one of the best phones out there. Why would anyone call it garbage. It may not be worth it but it will still be among the best.
OK, the sentence, "why would anyone call it garbage" is interrogatory, not declarative. Hence, it should have ended with a question mark...Er, one of these, "?". In any event, I read the entire thread, and nobody actually did call the iPhone6, "garbage".

This is as close as it got:

Note the conditional conjunction, "if". at the beginning of the sentence.

OK, the sentence, "why would anyone call it garbage" is interrogatory, not declarative. Hence, it should have ended with a question mark...Er, one of these, "?". In any event, I read the entire thread, and nobody actually did call the iPhone6, "garbage".

This is as close as it got:

Note the conditional conjunction, "if". at the beginning of the sentence.
Sometimes it pays to use a bit of restraint & decorum.

Back