TechSpot

Apple reportedly schedules iPhone 6 unveiling for September 9

By Jos
Aug 5, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Apple is targeting September 9 for its next iPhone unveiling. Although invitations have yet to go out to press outlets, Re/code has learned that the company scheduled a "big media event" on that day.

Read more

2. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Very excited. I hope it turns out to be a beast.

3. Steve

Steve TechSpot Editor Posts: 2,218   +1,244

<sacasm> I am already lined up </sacasm>

Darth Shiv and Jad Chaar like this.
  4. Jad Chaar

The formatting of the sarcasm tags is the highlight of your message :D.

5. Win7Dev

Win7Dev TS Evangelist Posts: 567   +174

So no actually new features for this? How will the Apple PR people sell this as new and exciting now? Or will they just say this is what the iPhone should have been like two years ago?

6. Jad Chaar

Supposedly there are battery improvements and a bunch of changes under the hood. I wouldn't judge till it is released.

7. Steve

Bad advice, line up now or you will miss out. Who cares what it's going to be like, don't wait to find out, line up now damn it!

Formatting not required for that one ;)

Jad Chaar and Skidmarksdeluxe like this.
  8. Steve, you are horribly unprofessional.
    Not only are you "editorializing" on an otherwise impartial report (if you want to do that, drop the "Staff" marker that goes alongside your comments), but also your constant, borderline childish criticism of everything Apple does is just as fanatic as the Apple fans that line up for a new model that you are mentioning. Outside of the group of commenters that loves to come here as diss that company every chance they get, this behaviour (from both you and them) is highly annoying, not unlike Apple worshipping itself.

9. yRaz

yRaz TS Evangelist Posts: 1,906   +954

I honestly like the close nit community between the techspot staff and its readers.

10. Steve

But I never said anything negative about Apple here or the product. I merely poked fun at a well known phenomenon that occurs on launch day. Besides I don't professionaly review any Apple products or their competitors since I don't include PC parts as competition.

It was a bit of fun to be had with guys like yRaz. Not people hiding behind guest accounts with zero sense of humor.

JC713 even has an iPhone and he was able to take the comments for what they were, silly.

Darth Shiv, Jad Chaar and dennis777 like this.
  11. I honestly like the close nit community between the techspot staff and its readers.

...me too -

And Thank you Steve, while I own an iPhone, you nailed it... that darn apple bug already is telling me to get in line and blow my money to upgrade now my 5S to 6.

Steve likes this.
  12. Why not call it the 60BS and spare us half a century of Apple boredom and consumers fawning over some "worthy" product.

New toilet duck tomorrow - now that is something to get excited about.

;-)

13. Because you dont know the new features, you assume NO new features

14. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,514   +2,059

Do you really care what it's going to be like?
    If it was the biggest pile of garbage iFans would still buy it.

15. Jad Chaar

We need humor every once and a while like you said! Otherwise TS would be just another bland tech site xD.

It's funny because that is true xD.

Merged posts, didn't alter content -sngx1275

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2014
    Steve likes this.
  16. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,703   +1,887

And this is why boys and girls, we need this, :rolleyes: worked back into the new forum software!

Steve, please lobby your boss for an extended set of emoticons, or at least ones we can read. Pretty please. There I've said it, "pretty please", without any shame. Or maybe just a little. ;)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    Steve and Jad Chaar like this.
  17. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TS Evangelist Posts: 1,624   +378

Err... the article was impartial wasn't it?

18. Steve

I believe it was my tongue-in-cheek comments that got that particular guest poster all hot and bothered. Not the article itself.

19. captaincranky

Do like I do, cast a wider net and piss everybody off.......:rolleyes:

20. It is going to one of the best phones out there. Why would anyone call it garbage. It may not be worth it but it will still be among the best.

21. captaincranky

OK, the sentence, "why would anyone call it garbage" is interrogatory, not declarative. Hence, it should have ended with a question mark...Er, one of these, "?". In any event, I read the entire thread, and nobody actually did call the iPhone6, "garbage".

This is as close as it got:
    Note the conditional conjunction, "if". at the beginning of the sentence.

Phr3d and Steve like this.
  22. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,514   +2,059

Sometimes it pays to use a bit of restraint & decorum.