Apple says the DOJ is investigating Samsung over patent abuse

By Shawn Knight
Oct 25, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. A recent court filing by Apple with the International Trade Commission claims the Department of Justice is investigating Samsung to determine whether they have used, or misused, declared-essential patents. Bloomberg suggested such an investigation might take place as early as...

Read more
  2. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,732   +289

SAMSUNG getting investigated?
    rofl
  3. APPLE is the big troll of abuse
    Wendig0 likes this.
  4. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 904   +72

It's getting ugly now.
  5. kg4icg

kg4icg Newcomer, in training

Case of pot calling kettle black.
    Wendig0 likes this.
  6. wiyosaya

wiyosaya TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 171   +18

Somehow, I have a feeling that crApple is about to experience karma.
  7. Kashim

Kashim Newcomer, in training

"Apple claims that Samsung is using key patents as the basis for unfair legal action against competitors in a bid to block the sale of certain products." <-- LOL!! This coming from Apple is absolutely hilarious. Apple is the most notorious company when it comes to trying to block the sale of competing products. I guess Apple is upset, because Samsung is going to stop selling LCD screens and memory for the iPad/iPhone starting next year. :)
    Wendig0 likes this.
  8. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,062   +70

Am I still on planet Earth? Is Apple actually calling Samsung a patent bully? ROFL!
    H3llion likes this.
  9. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

WOW!!! A giant troll with a head shaped like a Apple!!! The great thing is that the DoJ is going to find that Samsung is innocent but that Apple is using litigation and the threat of litigation to suppress the market. When that happends Apple will be in a world of hurt. I cant wait to see Apple take a serious hit from this. Maybe it will make them see what type of monster they have become.
  10. Alvaro

Alvaro Newcomer, in training Posts: 41   +8

11. BlueDrake

BlueDrake TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 165   +31

Problem I see is.. Apple will try and buy their victory, because simply we all know Apple is blowing smoke. After all their whining over Samsung, they can't stand any possible losses. Especially in their country of origin, trying to defend against the "foreigners". It's just.. what Apple will honestly do.

I'm shaking my head honestly, I don't own a smartphone, etc but still. I sit here reading the articles, piecing it all together from everything. We all know Apple is upset over all the losses, so why not just sling mud and claim abuse against their rival. It'll take long enough to delay anything possibly, or just to muddy the waters even further.
  12. Department of Justice should be investigating Apple over patent abuse..
  13. avoidz

avoidz TechSpot Maniac Posts: 452   +53

Did Apple's court filing come with a big bag of Benjamins?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.