TechSpot

Apple secures Tim Cook as CEO through 2021

By Shawn Knight
Aug 29, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Apple is hoping to retain new CEO Tim Cook for the next decade by offering him one million shares of company stock. Current market value for the shares is roughly…

Read the whole story

2. Goodbye apple..

Thank you for being a competor to Microsoft..

I wish all the workers good life....

But the company is dead. Apple isnt Apple without S. Jobs.

3. > Apple isnt Apple without S. Jobs.

Sad but true. No one knows this tim cook guy, and it's HIGHLY doubtful he will ever be able to replace Jobs by even a thin margin.

4. Cook looks like a younger look-alike Jobs.

The investors haven't went on a selling spree yet... and Cook has been interim CEO twice already...

Apple isn't going anywhere.

5. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TS Enthusiast Posts: 752   +12

Steve Jobs, Tim Cook?

This proves my theory that all Apple CEOs are actually automatons, all named using a name generator.

6. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

Gates, then Jobs, now Cook?

Anybody see something just plain odd about these CEOs' last names?

7. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

52mil for a CEO backup, damn how do i apply? how much did Steve jobs make then? i need to go to CEO school or something :)

Apples future is fine, the iPhone 5 is coming out in the next quarter or so and thats going to be a major success plus the iPad3 will be out shortly after. Now Will they be as innovative, thats another question

8. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,948   +381

you guys gotta remember that jobs is still chairman of the board.

9. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

True, but given his deteriorating health, he wont be able to help Apple in the same capacity as he could when he was CEO and healthy. That being said Apple will be fine

10. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TS Enthusiast Posts: 752   +12

Indeed, the best way to stay afloat is to build fanatics, and they have quiet the menagerie.

11. StrayEagle

StrayEagle TS Rookie

Cook is breaking the patern...we need someone with a last name ending in an 's'. :p

12. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Enthusiast Posts: 811   +91

This only happened because the world ends next year and no one has anything left to lose.

Kidding but, Jobs isn't too far away from Apple. He still has the position of Chairman.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.