Apple spruces up MacBook Pro series

By Matthew
Jun 8, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. During this year’s WWDC Apple announced a significant breath of life to their MacBook laptop series. The changes bring a completely revamped 15” MacBook Pro, and upgrades to the 13” and 17” models. Also, undergoing a name-change, the 13” MacBook is now officially a member of the MacBook Pro family.

Read the whole story
  2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,435   +281

I missed the keynote, but I did read some updates on macrumors.com, the prices are still higher than I'd like to see (aren't they always?). But I could get a 15" MB for less than I spent on my Powerbook several years ago, and I don't think I'm missing out too much compared to the Pro line.

Back when I got my Powerbook there was a huge difference in the specs compared to an iBook, but now I don't think that gap is quite as significant (Pro vs nonpro).
  3. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,510   +308

The 13-inch MacBooks are now also Pro models as a result, since the differentiation based on specs was too small to make it work. I just hope the new smaller Pros can now match the screen quality of the 15-inch models...
    http://www.techspot.com/blog/204/why-i-wouldnt-buy-the-new-macbook-and-probably-you-shouldnt-either/

Comparing prices I guess is fair if you are looking at your personal finances and want to compare the impact of buying a laptop then and now, but you could as well say Apple was forced to cut prices to remain competitive with other players in the market.
  4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,435   +281

I think that they upgraded the screens a week or 2 ago, silently. So its likely they didn't downgrade them again. I believe the unibody MBs were getting the same screen as the MBA.
  5. Captain828

Captain828 TechSpot Guru Posts: 277

Finally, some more competitive prices!
  6. tengeta

tengeta TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 632

LOL at built in batteries, period.

They do look sexy though...
  7. Why not a Compact Flash card reader ? or better still, a multi-card reader like many Windows computers ?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.