TechSpot

Apple starts rolling out iOS 6 ahead of the iPhone 5's launch

By Matthew
Sep 19, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Apple is rolling out the latest version of its mobile software ahead of the iPhone 5's launch on Friday, allowing iPhone 3GS, 4 and 4S owners to explore iOS 6's new features. Although it isn't a radical overhaul, there's still...

Read more

2. Modena

Modena TS Enthusiast Posts: 182

Having a bug already on my 4S... Won't connect to wifi. It keeps bringing up some Apple log in bull.

albait likes this.
  3. Modena

Modena TS Enthusiast Posts: 182

Nvm they fixed it, apparently some site was down on apples end.

4. Jeff Bucholtz

Jeff Bucholtz TS Rookie

Mine did the same thing. Restart the phone and all is well.

albait likes this.
  5. Well, it won't work for tmobile users, I suggest you don't try to upgrade if you are a tmobile user

6. Denooon

Denooon TS Rookie

Works good on my new iPad.

7. dennis777

dennis777 TS Enthusiast Posts: 281   +32

Sorry, do the itouch will have an update too?

8. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,074   +84 Staff Member

9. Jbucko

Jbucko TS Rookie Posts: 33

since there is no such thing as a "itouch" there isn no update for it. there is a update for the ipod touch though.

10. DanUK

DanUK TS Enthusiast Posts: 192   +8

So far I'm not going to upgrade to this just because I use the maps a fair bit and the Apple maps look like total dogshit (initial reports seem to back up this point of view).

11. rvnwlfdroid

rvnwlfdroid TS Rookie Posts: 82   +6

The problem mentioned above was an apple issue. It killed us yesterday because no one could reach the Terms of Service page to log-in the the free WiFi at the hotel. Personally from the problems I was seeing it's almost as if they were trying to force an iPhone 5 ad on everyone.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.