TechSpot

Apple starts selling unlocked iPhone 4 in the US

By Emil
Jun 14, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. As rumored for a while now, Apple has started selling an unlocked version of the GSM iPhone 4 in the US. After offering an unlocked version of the iPhone overseas,…

Read the whole story
  2. This is good news for me..as I live in the Caribbean and the I-Phone3 is a rarity here not to mention the IP4...! I travel to the US often and will get me one for sure next time.
  3. Det

Det Newcomer, in training Posts: 84

Christ this thing is so expensive.
  4. The iPhone 3G came out July 11, 2008, not in June something.
  5. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

It was introduced on june 9th.
  6. iPhone 5 will be released on 06/24/2011.
  7. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 807   +91

Sh*t look at the price lol.
  8. So you can use it on the two GSM carries AT&T and... oh wait soon to be absorbed T Mobile in to AT&T.
  9. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TechSpot Maniac Posts: 488   +10

I think it is crazy for them to sell these phones at these prices considerinh you can buy and iPad 32 gig wifi for just 600...

There must be something between the phone companies to make it a very small option. The cellular components could not possibly make the price increase so much. It is just hurding people to stick with contracts. This is one of the reasons why phone servers is generally boring and just expensive. Headsets are a cruch for innovation in service beyond coverage and less dropped calls. sigh...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.