TechSpot

Apple to launch next iPhone with 4G LTE chipset

By Shawn Knight
Oct 26, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Apple is expected to finally jump into the 4G LTE race next year with the introduction of the next generation iPhone. By that time, LTE network coverage will be widespread…

Read the whole story

2. Chazz

Chazz TS Enthusiast Posts: 634   +60

What? Apple is leaking information? Go Timmy!

3. All I can hear is crickets chirping cause....who cares?

4. you care i guess, since you are reading AND commenting ;)

5. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Maniac Posts: 913   +22

I think they're having a dream since 3G can't handle it either.

6. trparky

trparky TS Rookie Posts: 70   +9

Obviously that device is going to be a Verizon only device since they're the only carrier that has an LTE network that's even worth mentioning. AT&T... yeah, more reasons to laugh at them.

How many markets does AT&T have LTE in it? Less than 10. Want to make bets if AT&T is going to have enough LTE-ready markets by the time the LTE iPhone comes out? Let's just say that based on their past track record, I wouldn't be betting even $10 because I'd lose.

Meanwhile, Verizon... yeah, sitting pretty with nearly 200 markets with an LTE-ready network.

7. trparky

trparky TS Rookie Posts: 70   +9

Yeah, and you can keep the iPhone too. I have my Android device and won't ever go back to the iPhone.

8. In terms of options and functionality (software), i'd say android is on par with iphone. I would give android another 5-8 months (maybe even less) to be on par with the hardware; and that's because new phones running android are being released all the time.

9. killeriii

killeriii TS Enthusiast Posts: 213   +14

4G...sigh...

Does anyone even know what that means anymore?

10. Those second generation LTE chipsets will not be out until roughly Q3 2012, so if the next iPhone will have one of those then Will Strauss would have to be wrong...

11. No...its a lost cause for even mentioning it...But just imagine, when 4g does hit, everyone will be blown away.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.