TechSpot

Apple TV update includes iTunes Radio, AirPlay from iCloud, more

By Shawn Knight
Sep 20, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Apple has released a software update for their Apple TV set-top box that delivers a number of new features and services. Chief among them is iTunes Radio, the streaming music service that debuted alongside iOS 7 a couple of days ago.

Read more

2. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Evangelist Posts: 803   +88

I have a sneaking suspicion that IP radio will become another bubble. Every car manufacturer will create or partner with one powered by ATT or Verizon. It could be a reason to exclude AM and FM from base models. It would get rid of an antenna.

3. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

I wonder if the Apple TV will get a hardware refresh anytime soon.

4. mevans336

mevans336 TS Enthusiast Posts: 161   +11

It bricked mine. I had to connect it to iTunes and perform a restore.

5. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TS Guru Posts: 546

At least apple put in the ability to restore it, sometimes you hear of these devices/ games consoles ETC being bricked and having to be sent off for a repair, which can take months.

6. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TS Evangelist Posts: 1,585   +364

Yes it is good there is a backup plan. Takes the edge off a bricking. Always worry about the "what ifs" for any firmware update.

7. mojorisin23

mojorisin23 TS Booster Posts: 108   +13

The article did say a hardware update was expected in the coming weeks... I was planning on buying Apple TV, but I think now I'll wait until it is confirmed.

8. Andysout

Andysout TS Rookie

Works for me..!

9. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Yeah same. I think the upgrade will mainly be an A6 CPU and maybe a smaller design.