TechSpot

Apple updates iTunes, cripples Palm Pre syncing

By Jos
Jul 15, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As many predicted it would happen, Apple has released an update to iTunes that effectively prevents devices “falsely pretending to be iPods” from syncing with the media software. This of course is seen as a direct response to Palm, which had previously touted the Pre’s ability to effortlessly sync DRM-free songs and even photos with Apple’s software.

Read the whole story

2. DoubleTwist works really well..

Even looks somewhat like Itunes but isnt a hog. Ive been using it for my pre and can say I am very happy. Best of all it too is FREE.

Anyone else use anything different?

http://www.doubletwist.com

3. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

iTunes sucks anyway. This is nothing but a plus, IMO.

4. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,372   +167

I suspect it shouldn't be long before the anti-trust litigation starts over this issue with Apple and iTunes!

5. T77

T77 TS Enthusiast Posts: 315

not a smart move by apple in my opinion
    it would just deviate users towards other softwares.

6. well said, Apple has made an *****ic market blunder. Those who normally turn to itunes will be forced onto other sites...which decreases itunes popularity. I for one use Zune...because it rocks, and because a pc is better than a mac, everyone says macs cant get viruses, untrue, they can not get lil viruses, its like being immune to everything but cancer...macs can get destroyed by a hardcore virus, no plusses there.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.