TechSpot

Apple: white iPhone 4 is not thicker (despite the fact that it is)

By Emil
May 1, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,270   +91

Prepare for fanboys to create some sort of otherworldly mathematical concept that would somehow explain how 9.3 and 9.5mm is exactly the same, in 3...2...1...

2. Proofix

Proofix TS Rookie Posts: 23

\o/.....Yes the .2mm is a layer of shielding/reflector that reflects the sun to other plaints, doing this it will be able to bring stability and life to other cold plaints far far away in the galaxy due to the weather climate it creates. Also word has it that the "Zerg" race took life 2 clicks away from Planet earth....

Ps.. The shielding will protect you from alien invasion.

The wonders of .2mm thickness!!

3. Rasta211

Rasta211 TS Booster Posts: 209   +30

I think this is most likely a manufacturing mistake. It was intended to be the same size but someone obviously fell asleep at the quality control area.

4. flacoman3

flacoman3 TS Rookie

dude wtf is a plaint and/or wtf are you talking about

5. Proofix

Proofix TS Rookie Posts: 23

*planets *planets *planets... typo... What I meant by all that is why give a damm about .2mm!

6. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,011   +18

From context I'm guessing planets, although paint and plant are a close second.

As far as the denial goes, Apple is conducting research to see whether "old Jedi mind tricks" work across the internet. So far they're not successful.

A better answer would have been: "You're looking at it wrong."

7. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,106   +97

These are not the specifications you're looking for. *waves hand slowly in front of monitor*

8. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,682   +86

@gwail
    I think he meant that 'because he says it is not thicker than the black iphone, therefore, it is', remember corporations are not democracies (well this is contentious even in real world) they are dictatorships; where well man at the top is always right.

9. Sarin myneni

Sarin myneni TS Rookie

Egad..We WONT be DOOMED now, because of this massive .2 mm difference Apple just might not be able to take over the world......

10. Cota

Cota TS Enthusiast Posts: 513   +8

Epic, now some one Photoshop it!

11. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,059   +646

"You are measuring it wrong" :)

12. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Evangelist Posts: 814   +93

You're all racists.

13. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,929   +186

Umm you realize there is a quite big chroma effect in that picture right?

14. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,106   +97

I know, you would think the black iPhone would be thicker than the white iPhone.

15. PaulWuzHere

PaulWuzHere TS Maniac Posts: 270

Its your router...

The picture was uploaded by a PC...

Your holding your camera as to block proper reception...

I wonder if the white humancentiPad will be .2mm thicker.

16. would not be news if it wasn't apple. haters gonna hate

17. QuaZulu

QuaZulu TS Enthusiast Posts: 59   +9

Why is it that when someone from Apple speaks (especially after touting their superior vision) I always feel as if I need to take a shower?

18. mosu

mosu TS Guru Posts: 422   +48

Another good example of "Apple Reality".Waiting for the red iPhone.

19. T77

T77 TS Enthusiast Posts: 300   +6

"It is not thicker, don't believe all the junk that you read."
    Yeah,don't believe all the junk that you read about apple,irrespective of the fact that it is true. :p

20. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,682   +86

Or may be we all are viewing it from wrong angles :confused:

21. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TS Evangelist Posts: 1,624   +378

That about sums it up. Followed up with the standard response "Yes master".

22. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TS Evangelist Posts: 1,624   +378

Wouldn't be news if they didn't say the tech reports lied. They are feeding the hate.

23. backo

backo TS Enthusiast Posts: 59   +8

In related news:
    Apple just announced the new iPad 3, when asked to comment why the specifications of the new device are exactly the same as the old one Mr. Jobs replied: Device specifications are to technical for most of our users and we decided not to change them to make the device more accessible for iPad 2 users. Still this is a whole new device because we called it iPad 3 and not iPad 2.

Declaimer: This is not a really news story although it does sound like something that Apple would do! :)

24. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,290   +239

Reporter: Look, this iPhone 4 disconnects when you just touch this point right here.
    Apple: No it doesn't, you're just holding it wrong.

Reporter: Look, all of this location tracking information is stored in the iPhone.
    Apple: No it's not. But an update will take care of the thing it's not doing.

Reporter: Look, the new white iPhone 4 is obviously thicker than the original version.
    Apple: Not it isn't, you're measuring it wrong or something.

Ever get the feeling that Apple thinks they are Jedi and can just mind trick the world into believing what they want us to, rather than believing actual physical evidence to the contrary?