Application error application appears to be configured incorrectly

Status
Not open for further replies.

kim190456

Can any one help me. I have a pc that is very basic. I was using it ok then when I used it again I am getting the message application will not start maybe configured incorrectly reinstalling may help. I can still use internet and my email works still works ok. Not sure what to do. I have no tool bar at the bottom of screen either and the titles to my desk top icons are now all highlighted in blue for some reason.

Can't do anything without more information- specifically what is the application with the problem.

Find the Error that corresponds tot he time of the application problem and pasy t here:
Start> Run> cmd> type in eventvwr
Do this on each the System and the Applications logs:
1. Click to open the log>
2. Look for the Error>
3 .Right click on the Error> Properties>
4. Click on Copy button, top right, below the down arrow
5. Paste here (Ctrl V)

Ignore Warnings and Information Events. Please do not copy the entire Event log. You do not need to include the lines of code in box below Description- if any.

The Start button is the left-most part of the Taskbar. Are you missing the Taskbar itself because that's usually an easy fix.

As far as accessing the Event Viewer goes, here's another path:

Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Event Viewer>> follow the same directions for opening the logs and looking for errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back