Application Error issue

By crh
Mar 16, 2009
  1. Hello everyone. I recently disabled a couple non-essential items for start-up through msconfig. When I did that and restarted, my computer now asks for a user name and password. When I click ok, it boots up fine, but certain programs (such as Ad Aware) don't work and come up with this error:

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application.

I'm sorta a novice at this, so this might be an obvious solution. If anyone can provide me with any help I would greatly appreciate it!
  2. crh

crh TS Rookie Topic Starter

anyone have any idea what i may need to do to fix this?

I'm also having trouble opening up programs like disk defragmenter and add/remove programs.
  3. crh

crh TS Rookie Topic Starter

this issue is bugging me! Is there anyone that can help me gain my sanity back?!?
  4. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

Patience is a virtue and we ask everyone to have it. There are more problems than helpers and those of us who all volunteer our help, give it a quickly as we can.

Please look for an Error that corresponds to the time of this message in the Event Viewer:

Start> Run> type in eventvwr

NOTE: Please ignore Warnings and Information Events and don't paste the entire log. The Error Event should give us more information to work with.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.