Application event logs and folder redirection

LookinAround

I'm helping a community center running Windows Server 2003 SP2. I've found user Folder Redirection is failing and these two events occur in the local computer;s Application event log. I have some suspicions.. Anyone have more info pertaining to these events?

> Event ID 1085 Source Userenv
> Event ID: 109 Source: Folder Redirection

Events

Here you go LA! Zip file is attached. :)

Hi jobeard! It's been a while! Hope all is well

Attachments

• Events.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 5
I keep meaning to update this thread! Probem solved!

Thank you both for your input. :) Here's what i found if it might help anyone else reading this thread in the future.

I traced folder redirection failure back to incorrect access permissions on file fdeploy.ini. What I learned along the way
> Every Group Policy object (GPO) has its own fdeploy.ini file
> So one should check the fdeploy.ini file for each GPO that's applied to the local computer and user (not just the GPO that sets folder redirection)

Although I don't know how or why file permissions were changed on the file but once I fixed permissions the problem was also fixed.

Here's a couple links that also helped
> Troubleshooting Group Policy: Folder Redirection encounters errors and redirection fails
> Fixing Group Policy problems by using log files

Thanks for the info LA. Several of the current rogue programs are playing havoc with the group policy settings. For instance, the System Restore malware likes to do this:
6. Sets Policies:
"NoChangingWallPaper" = '1'
"Explorer "NoDesktop" = '1'
"DisableTaskMgr" = '1'

I've saved both links.

Back