Archos 7 Home Tablet release bumped to June

By Matthew
May 6, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Archos' 7-inch Android-based tablet went up for presale last month with an expected ship date of late April, but as you well know, April is behind us, and the Archos 7 Home Tablet has yet to officially launch. According to the company, some people who preordered the bargain-priced slate may receive it by the end of May, but the new US release window is June.

Read the whole story
  2. Timonius

Timonius TechSpot Booster Posts: 573   +31

Hmmm...sounds like an interesting alternative to Ipod/Zune players although it has a larger screen size. I'm not exactly sure how it classifies as a Tablet PC (but then the definition is still in flux). I'm a little confused about the 720p playback when the screen resolution is 800x480 (If it is dependant on software converting 720p to the screen resolution then you could say 1080p playback and so on. Or does it scale down automatically without any conversion?).
  3. thatguyandrew92

thatguyandrew92 Newcomer, in training Posts: 118

Better battery than my iPOD Classic 160GB. Only 8Gbs though :/ Thats a huge disappointment.
  4. unrealmp3

unrealmp3 TechSpot Member Posts: 49

My Archos 5 is a smaller version the the Archos 7 (same resolution, similar processor) and it can play 1080p videos by downscaling it without any conversion.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.