Are cooling fans for the X360 worth the investment?

Zak

I am on my third xbox 360. With my current 360, I have cooling fans hooked up to the rear and bottom of the console (it stands upright). The cooling fan I have hooked up to the bottom makes a way too much noise and I want to unhook it. My question: do extra cooling fans make a big difference? I have heard different theories on this. Any guidance would help. Thank you! :wave:

It's going to break eventually. I'd sell it before it does and buy myself a decent computer.

If it breaks again, and you buy another one, you're not very smart.

I am on my third xbox 360. With my current 360, I have cooling fans hooked up to the rear and bottom of the console (it stands upright). The cooling fan I have hooked up to the bottom makes a way too much noise and I want to unhook it. My question: do extra cooling fans make a big difference? I have heard different theories on this. Any guidance would help. Thank you! :wave:

Are you on your third repair or actual 360? If on your third I hope your current one is of the Jasper generation since it runs cooler & quieter. Regarding the third-party coolers I can't really say much, I live in a hot climate (desert) and don't use one for my 360. I personally just keep it in a well ventilated area and have never run into issues. Reading around over the years I see far more negative stories then anything else about third-party coolers, so I doubt removing it would hurt.

i bought my falcon unit with an aftermarket fan, and it works fine, but i have no idea which brand or model it is. all i know is it's quieter than the stock one and lights blue lol. the more important aspect of the 360 cooling system are the passive coolers, more specifically the one for the GPU. this one transfers a LOT of heat and the newer ones are better because of the radiator style cooler that was implemented with the 2nd generation i believe. this, coupled with a good fan, should be adequate for keeping the console cool.

It's going to break eventually. I'd sell it before it does and buy myself a decent computer.

If it breaks again, and you buy another one, you're not very smart.

most people that play on a console do so for a reason, they like console gaming more than they do a computer. another reason is that most people dont want to have to deal with system spec problems, they just buy the game, insert it and play, simple easy done.

as for fans, no they arent, waste of money, if your box needs a fan its already circling the drain, it might add a week or two to its life if its going to die. thats about it.

Back