Are my CD's empty or not?

learninmypc

After recently going thru some boxes of mine, I found several CD's/DVD's that are NOT marked. Is there a safe way to see what may or may not be on them? TIA.:)

You can flip the CD over and after a burn the amount of data burnt usually shows up lighter than the disc itself.

Similar to the picture below, which shows a disc with data on it. About 3/4 full.

The outer area shows the area of disc not written to.

Obviously to find out exactly WHAT is on them you'll have to put them in a drive in your machine lol :)

Hope this helps :)

224834.jpg

You can flip the CD over and after a burn the amount of data burnt usually shows up lighter than the disc itself.

Similar to the picture below, which shows a disc with data on it. About 3/4 full.

The outer area shows the area of disc not written to.

Obviously to find out exactly WHAT is on them you'll have to put them in a drive in your machine lol :)

Hope this helps :)

224834.jpg
Thank you very much. Your picture solved the mystery.(y)(y)

You could of course just stick them in the computer to see what the contents of each one are.

Norbor's method is one I frequently use myself, but it'll never tell you if the data the disc is readable.

You could of course just stick them in the computer to see what the contents of each one are.

Norbor's method is one I frequently use myself, but it'll never tell you if the data the disc is readable.
Ok, I'll do so later, thank you.

Hehe yeah, there really is no substitute for just popping in the disc :) I'm glad I was able to help you out but!(y)

Use NeroInfoTool. It'll tell ya if your disc is empty or not plus a whole lot more about the disc player as well. The left thumbnail shows drive info including capabilities and firmware level. Rt thumbnail shows there's a blank disc inserted at the moment

NeroInfoTool Drive Info.jpg NeroInfoTool.jpg

Back