Are these parts compatible?

If I were you I would wait for AMD's bulldozer series. Your motherboard supports it and you will have better performance.

If you want to save about 100 bucks then I would recommend the 6950 instead. It is cheaper and if you want to invest more in the 6950, then buy the toxic version from sapphire and overclock you will reach the 6970. You can also unlock it into a 6970. I heard it unlocks pretty well. And it also is the top 6950 on the market.

I would choose a different PSU. I would get a Corsair GS800 or if you want to invest more then a Corsair HX850 (modular). Mind you, the PSU is a little bit bigger than the normal ATX.

I would go for a different monitor. A 1920x 1080 or higher would make better use of your components, unless you will get 2 more via eyefinity.

That's all I can see so far.

haha well its a long story
anyway here goes, see i was new to techspot and they didnt allow me to post a thread without links - i had to have at least 5 posts to do that, so i just posted that thread so that i wont have to ask it again ( i was going to ask it anyways) and it contributes to the 5 post thing.

Most of your parts look good. However, you're seriously compromising on the case, PSU and monitor. I completely agree with Atham that your monitor will be under-utilising that system.

As for the PSU, the Corsair 850TX (not modular) is available on newegg for $119.99 with rebate.

For the case, pick this instead.

The Kingston memory kit is ok. But, I suggest you go with this kit for pretty much the same price.

This is his first build, that is why I recommended him the modular PSU. I would invest more on the case if I were you. A HAF 912 is good. But as you are on a budget, then I would go with CM Storm.
A 6970/6950 is a big card and cable management with the TX850 might be a bit difficult. If it is okay with you if the PSU is modular or not then go with the TX950. It will be good for any upgrading such as another card or more HDD/SDD.

Back