Are you a geek?

Its my feeling that I have only begun to realise my full potential for geekiness.

With the help of "The Force(tm)", I want to free my inner geekiness from its confines, and find the true Geek within. Then, and only then, will I be invincible.

................no more "special" yogurts for me!.........;)

Hmmm... I probably missed out a lot considering I:

A) Despise television
B) Despise anime, roleplaying, and "most" D&D style non-CRPGs
C) Am not into most fantasy literature / star trek / star wars
D) Have no clue about celebrities of any kind

I got... 35.30572% - Major Geek

Much the same here Soul, though I do know a little about some of those things, most of my points were in the tech questions.

Originally posted by Vehementi Are you a geek?

Oh course I am a bloody Geek! My avatar is Darth Vader, I am a Computer Network Administrator, I have 5745 posts on these forums and am watching "The Sci-Fi Channel" on cable right now. What did you think I was, a high school jock? ;)

Originally posted by StormBringer
Much the same here Soul, though I do know a little about some of those things, most of my points were in the tech questions.

Who the hell are you kidding with your "glowing wraith eyes" avatar?

Tell me you are not a geek and I will show you a liar.

;)

Originally posted by Soul Harvester
Wow, and that's with running your own personal server farm at home. :D

It really makes me wonder what scoring 43.78698% - Major Geek means. Global domination must be factored into that score somewhere. Bill Gates, look out.
:D

Originally posted by Soul Harvester
Hmmm... I probably missed out a lot considering I:

A) Despise television
B) Despise anime, roleplaying, and "most" D&D style non-CRPGs
C) Am not into most fantasy literature / star trek / star wars
D) Have no clue about celebrities of any kind

There are many kinds of Geeks, not just Doctor-Who-Watching-Star-Trek-Fanboy-Giant-Breast-Obsessed-Weirdos like me !

We are a bit like the Dominion from Deep Space Nine, we are made up of lots of different races.

But the Star Wars fans are usually running everything.... ;)

Hey now! Geeks can be jocks too!

I wasn't exactly a jock, but I was on the wrestling team and cross country for a number of years... it was extremely fun.

And from the pictures thread, I've noticed most of the more "hardcore geeks" at this forum are people you'd have no clue were total dorks in walking waking life. Looks like a bunch of hippies, ravers, rockers and surfers to me! Good looking chaps, not the pasty dweebs you'd imagine.

Originally posted by Phantasm66

;)

I never said I wasn't a geek, just that most of my points were in tech and not TV.

Had there been more B5 questions and maybe some Dr WHO questions, I would have scored much higher.

Re: Re: Are you a geek?

Oh course I am a bloody Geek! My avatar is Darth Vader, I am a Computer Network Administrator, I have 5745 posts on these forums and am watching "The Sci-Fi Channel" on cable right now. What did you think I was, a high school jock? ;)

LOL...

I would fashion myself as a lot more jock than geek. I've lettered in 2 sports in my previous 2 years of high school.

But I suppose the right question would have been "How Geeky Are You?"

;)

Mmm, not to mention his name in ASCII-ish text in his signature...

22.87968% - Geek

Jesus, in order to be called a geek you have to wear a pocket protector, with glasses you repaired yourself with scotch tape, be wearing a shirt with technical jargon on it, and walk around citing the Klingon language religiously.

In that case I'll never be a real geek. You guys are just scary!

43.78698% - Major Geek

No way - I can't be that geeky - all that stuff can't be considered geeky! I know I'm a bit of a geek, but...

I got 12.82051% - Geekish Tendencies

Don't take it too seriously...someone who scores 50% + could be considered absolutely insane with no grasp on reality....holy, I LMAO while take that poll......

Back