TechSpot

Artifacting Desktop Replacement

By Dr. Vader
Jun 21, 2009
  1. Hey guys, I have a Gateway FX Desktop Replacement and I bought it refurbished, as suggested by another techie.. (For the price)

As soon as I bought it, it would artifact on black background. I sent it in with its 90 day refurbished warranty, and they replaced the motherboard, cpu, and integrated 9800GTS

Since then, it has operated smoothly until today. I turned her on and I noticed the same distortion on black and similar colors. I got so frustrated I shut her off immediately hoping my eyes were playing tricks. I have a third party warranty with her, but I don't know if they will be able to replace it.. ;_;

Can someone help me out? =((

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Tell us more, in more detail... model and configuration first.

3. Dr. Vader

Dr. Vader TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 118

Eh. Model #P7811FX

I found out what it was doing. It has a bad screen. If I turn the gamma up, the artification disappears. But if I turn it down, it gets worse. The lower the gamma the worse the artification.
    =/

Looks like I'll be shipping it off...

4. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Thanks for the update.
    What brand and model is the screen?

5. Dr. Vader

Dr. Vader TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 118

I don't know actually. Whatever comes with that laptop. I just know it's a Gateway 17" 1920x1280 LCD Laptop screen. =D

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.