Artifacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read quite a few articles on here and on the net in general trying to figure this problem out...Now I'm just needing some clarification on my specific setup.
I have an eVGA 8800GT that has started showing artifacts or outright freezing the computer during Fallout 3 (and other intensive games). It really started happening after installing Fallout 3, and now it seems to crash in other games more often.
My PSU is a Rosewill RX950 which states it has 4 +12V rails at 20amps. When I run SpeedFan (or Everest) I get these results:
Vcore: 1.13V
+12V: 10.67V
AVcc: 3.31V
I assume that is reading 10.67 amps going to my graphics? I've tried both 6-pin connectors to make sure and both show the same value.

I've monitored the temps while playing Fallout 3, and with the fan at 100%, they never got over 45 C, which eliminates overheating.
I've uninstalled, cleaned and reinstalled graphics drivers.
I've underclocked the graphics, both memory and core/shader (shader clock was linked to core clock).

So, my questions are these:
Am I reading SpeedFan correctly?
If so, does that mean my PSU is not pumping out what it says it should be?
If so, is there a way to fix it, or do I have to get a new one (or RMA)?
If so, what would people recommend? I have a RAIDMAX Volcano in another computer that I might be able to use if I can find my 6-pin connector.
Could there be any other reasons for the crashing and/or artifacting?

As I am not above 5 posts, I cannot add links to my post, so you will have to copy/paste from below and add to newegg.com to see the products I have:
eVGA 8800GT - /Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130375
Rosewill RX950 - /Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182096
RAIDMAX Volcano - /Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817152026

UOAlien,
"My PSU is a Rosewill RX950 which states it has 4 +12V rails at 20amps. When I run SpeedFan (or Everest) I get these results:
Vcore: 1.13V
+12V: 10.67V
AVcc: 3.31V
I assume that is reading 10.67 amps going to my graphics?"...

That 10.67V means volts not amps. Your 12 volt reading is low. Replace the Rosewill power supply ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back