TechSpot

Ashton Kutcher to portray Steve Jobs in upcoming indie film

By Shawn Knight
Apr 2, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Ashton Kutcher will portray Apple co-founder Steve Jobs in an upcoming film titled “Jobs.” The movie will begin filming in May during a break from Kutcher’s role in “Two and…

Read the whole story

2. A movie... really? Sad thing is apple fanboys are going to lap it up like crazy, wouldn't be surprised if tickets cost more because Apple stick their logo on them.

3. The Pirates of Silicon Valley is still the best movie.

4. Are you serious?
    Well I just lost my breakfast

5. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Maniac Posts: 921   +57

Couldn't they at least try to find an actor than can act?

6. Jos

Jos TechSpot Staff Posts: 2,129   +69 Staff Member

I was hoping this was an April Fools' joke when the news surfaced last night

7. I don't think it looks like Steven Jobs.

8. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,578   +47

Not a fan of Kutcher...although he was pretty good in The Butterfly Effect.

9. yRaz

yRaz TS Maniac Posts: 1,037   +157

You mean they both look like douchebags?

10. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,388   +425

More proof that Hollywood has run out of ideas. I also thought this was an April Fool's joke when I saw it. :p

11. Lurker101

Lurker101 TS Addict Posts: 639   +127

Is it wrong just how much this made me laugh?

12. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,195   +749

I don't know... historical movies based on facts are regular topics. What I wonder is if they'll be honest. Since he's dead I expect them to paint him as a hero and a wonderful person. WIRED magazine had a large section devoted to him after he passed and made him sound like a guy who'd be a perfect father and gentleman. Pretty different from all the stories over the last 15-20 years.

Your proof that they're running out of ideas can be found in the talk about remaking the Tom Clancy movies starring Jack Ryan. Hunt for Red October and the like....

13. Who is john galt ? Was steve jobs !!

14. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TS Guru Posts: 593   +47

I'd much rather they make a "Pirates of Silicon Valley 2".

15. I contemplated which of the two I could care less about and determined I don't give a rats patooty about either of them equally.

16. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,690   +337

Agreed. Wasn't it a TBS movie? Surprised it didn't make the big screen.

He was good in Butterfly Effect. I'm sure he can act, he just gets mostly stupid roles. Just like Jim Carrey can act too once you get him away from his stupid antics; see Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind.

17. DanUK

DanUK TS Enthusiast Posts: 204   +8

I can deffo see the resemblance haha

18. What a horrible horrible prospect.

19. avoidz

avoidz TS Maniac Posts: 454   +54

To Apple worshippers, this movie is like the story of Jesus.

20. Not surprised, this reflects the average Apple product user perfectly.

21. daweimon

daweimon TS Rookie

What's up with all the Apple hate on this website? There's far more "Apple-hater" fanboyism than there are Apple fanboys. You can't deny Steve Jobs was an amazing man. Grow up.

22. Chris Hedges is an amazing man, Noam Chomsky is an amazing man, Herman Melville was an amazing man

Steve Jobs was a self-interested manipulator with the moral backbone of a cockroach

so yeah, maybe we can call him an amazing man: it's amazing that anyone's sorry he died

23. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,969   +738

Hardly surprising, this is a TECH site, not Jezebel or Hipsterrunoff
    ...and like ex-Mr Moore, a triumph of style over substance. I doubt you'd be able to find a bigger self promoter to play a self-promoter. +1 to the casting agency.

24. I have a block of cheese - can they make a film about that instead ?

The cheese does have historical significance unlike Watermelon or Apple or whatever.

:p

25. Hollywood was going to make a Pirates of Silicon Valley 2... but Jonny Depp said no.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.