Aspire not coming on

cyberdave69

hey i've got an aspire mini notebook and the power will come on but the screen doesn't show up. i cant really tell if its booting or not. i hooked it up to a monitor and the light on it flashes from green to orange and keeps flashing back and forth and nothing else. if anyone could give me some sort of idea what might be causing this to where i wouldn't have to open up the laptop i would be so thankful.

Perhaps the inverter for the screen has burned out, it rests behind the screen ad the bottom, and is long, like a pencil... just plugs onto a two-wire socket. The difficulty is that it takes some work to disassemble the screen. The inverter is available, usually on eBay, and from the manufactuer... $7.95 to $49 depending on where you get it.

yeah i had wondered if that may have been a possibility.. but would the inverter cause the computer not to come on hooked up to a desktop monitor?

Not usually, for sure. But we have seen it here on some boards... where the board goes dead when the inverter fails rather than just fading to a non-read... wish we had kept our notes...

Back