Aspire X1200 black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I'm not so good on the in depth tech on computers and I just bought a new Acer Aspire x1200 desktop computer 3 days ago...However when ever I turn it on,all i get is a blank screen with the curser blinking in the top left hand corner....(?)
what I have to do is turn off and turn on again ,then it loads up and brings me to my desktop screen.... what should i do? would'nt that damage the computer if I keep doing that procedure?any construstive advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks
kris

Welcome to Techspot.
Your PC should not be behaving that way.
Considering it is only 3 days old, return it and don't bother trying to fight it.

Sorry, that's what I would do.
It's a lot easier now, than when you start loading it with all your files/programs.

no your right,
its only 3 days old and ''should not'' be doing that... I've contacted my supplier and they are sending a technican....
thanks again

Had same problem... You have to start in Safe Mode (tap F8 during initial boot process), then uninstall video driver. Restart computer and it should work. Reinstall video driver. I had to turn down the resolution in my user settings. I have a brand new Westinghouse 42" 1080p monitor. I am able to get VGA now, but still having issues with HDMI(blank screen, no signal).

If anyone knows how to fix that, please let me know. Acer tech support won't even help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back