Asrock 4CoreDX90-VSTA not booting

By realbadmank
Jun 27, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i need help,
    my asrock 4core dx90-VSTA is not booting up.

i recently installed a intel pentium dual core e2200 on the board plus 1 gig of memory.
    could this be a power supply failure cuz when the board boots (once in a while) and i go into bios it sometimes freezes there.

if bios works, it moves slow, i am wondering if this is because i updated my bios cuz i noticed this after i updated it. i wonder if i downgrade it to 1.30 if it would work better cuz that is the lowest version that supports the processor.

i am confident that my processor and memory is working fine cuz when the board decides to boot i can use vista efficiently and play unreal tournament 3 on high settings. i had a celeron d 3.06 before i upgraded to the dual core cpu.

i also notice when i reset the bios jumper, it overclocked my cpu to 2.93 ghz and the system would keep on restarting so i manually set the clock back to the stock 2.2 ghz, i found this wierd because it overclocked by it self.

the stuff in my rig now are: pentium dual core e2200, 1.5 gig ddr 333 mem, 1X 160 gig Sata, 2x 40 gig eide, samsung dvd burner dl, 512mb xfx geforce 8500 gt @ 500mhz/400mhz, 500 watt psu
  2. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,623

what brand of PSU how many wat has very little to do with what a PSU is actually putting out, and if u could look at the sticker on the PSU and tell us what it says on the 12v rails it would help.
  3. realbadmank

realbadmank Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

its not the psu, cuz i tired several of them on the board
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.