Asrock board & 9800 gt?

By aaathreat
Feb 23, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,264   +41

It will work fine, just make sure you update your bios when everything is up and running, and to have a good quality 600 watt psu.
  2. aaathreat

aaathreat Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

TY man, would a 400 W not be powerfull enough?
  3. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,264   +41

no, not at all, You could run your gt with it I suppose, but it needs 400 watts max by itself. I wouldnt try it though.
  4. abhiGT

abhiGT Newcomer, in training

I HAD bought a new xfx geforce 9600gt 512mb graphic card buts its not working .
    i had a intel 945gccrboard 1 gb ram ,dual core 3ghz system .when i connect the monitor to the graphics card the monitor is not working the system is not detecting the card can any body tell what the problem ?
    i am using iball smps ?
    is it is the fault of smps
    graphic cards fan is working but its not detected by system

do i need to replace the motherboard ?

how many watts are needed for working of the graphic card
    i am using an ordinary i ball smps
  5. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Wattage is NOT the most important factor.
  6. Dr. Vader

Dr. Vader Newcomer, in training Posts: 118

You really should have made a new thread since this does not pertain in any sorts to the original post. But I'll help you anyways. XD

Okay. The I Ball SMPS is a power supply correct? What wattage is it? How many volts are on the +12v rail? You can obtain this information by looking at the side panel of your power supply and beneath/beside/around the +12v reading there should be a number with amps beside it, or any abbreviation of amps.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.