Parts were:
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 MoBo
Intel i5 3570K - LGA 1155
DDR3 Single stick 8GB G-Skill 1600
GeForce GTX 660 2GD5/OC
Seagate Barracuder SATA 3 1TB
875w PSU

Now for the problem,

I installed everything correctly and got to POST so I decided to follow most Internet forum instructions to update my BIOS so I did so over the Internet flash update from the AsRock BIOS setup

The problems arose after trying to update it via the Internet. Now the motherboard won't even get to POST or show any signs or working on a monitor, the fans for ten graphics card CPU and chassis all work, the PSU is working fine. But the Dr. Debug is showing the status code 00 which states in the description is that it is "not used"

I don't know what to do, iv taken out the graphics card and tried still the same disconnected everything except the 1155 socket and all pins are fine on the PCIe slots and RAM

Any help would be appreciated

ps

I have a spare Gigabyte gt 630 2GB hanging round and was wondering if I can get the MoBo to work will it be worth sticking the 630 in with the 660 for any improvements however slight until I can afford another 660 for SLI?

"Now the motherboard won't even get to POST or show any signs or working on a monitor" You might be able to get the motherboard to respond by removing the battery for a few minutes. If not, the motherboard may need to be replaced

"Now the motherboard won't even get to POST or show any signs or working on a monitor" You might be able to get the motherboard to respond by removing the battery for a few minutes. If not, the motherboard may need to be replaced

I tried that with no effect, I think it's going to be replaced, I'm just not sure about the warranty covering failed BIOS updates, as it's pretty much from my stupidity, that the bored effed up not any fault with AsRock. Has anyone had experience with failing to POST and it being covered by the warranty ???

Does this motherboard have dual bios capability? I have checked, and I see this:
[FONT=Arial]
warning.gif
[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Please read below information before download or update BIOS[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]We don't recommend users to update BIOS while the system is running well. For any damages caused by improper operation of downloading or updating BIOS, ASRock[/FONT][FONT=Arial]®[/FONT][FONT=Arial] assumes no responsibility. Before you download or update the BIOS, please read below "[/FONT][FONT=Arial]
dl-help.gif
[/FONT][FONT=Arial] (How to Update)" carefully.[/FONT]

My Gigabyte Z77 motherboard has dual bios, so if a bios update fails, you can reload the bios after a few restarts

No unfortunately I heard about the dual BIOS chips on the gigabyte MoBo's after I Purchased the asrock.

Well tomorrow ill try and get it sent back in by claiming ignorance and that it's just faulty but I don't think it will work. There's no damage to the board or any CPU pins inside it.

So I'll probably just buy an Asrock extreme 6, that I saw at a cheaper price at a better store them the extreme 4, or a gigabyte one under 200 with enough ram MHz and at least SLI if not three way SLi

There pretty cheap in Victoria, Aus anyways compared to Newegg and American stores lol

Gosh darn - - really sorry you fell into this pit and what I'm about to say is kind of a cheap shot and likely self-evident - - BUT

A great rule to follow is:
  • If it is'nt broken - - DON'T FIXIT.
You can go a very long way with that single compass.

Wow that's amazing that little chip costs 16 bucks and will ship to Aus for free cheaper then paying for the warranty service, thanks man

Ok so iv bought the AsRock Exteme 6 as I didn't like the look of a gigabyte Sniper, just installed everything it's working and installing an OS as I type.

Just a quick question I have 4 cooling fans, and I don't know wether to set the front intake one to high and have three on medium and that will extract to keep everything cool or have 1 at the top back and top. And have one suck in air from the Side and Front or Underneath and Front?

Any ideas so I don't have to open this until I buy a second Graphics card and some SSDs

Back