Assassin’s Creed III is Ubisoft’s most pre-ordered game of all time

By Shawn Knight
Oct 26, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. French video game publisher Ubisoft has announced that Assassin's Creed III has become the company's most pre-ordered game of all time. The title has earned more than 40 prestigious awards since first being announced including Best E3 Action Game from...

Read more
  2. ASSASSIN'S CREED FEATURES:
    - Hold A and the direction and he does all the work for you! Run, jump, climb, traverse with ease!
    - Have your hand held at every corner! Waypoints galore! The open world becomes a guided tour!
    - More eavesdropping missions!

Video games are past their best days. It's not even about the gameplay anymore. It's like you're being guided through an experience versus actually having one yourself.

Can't wait to see all the internet tough guys post below flaming this comment.
  3. And don't forget all the different DLC depending on which game console the person owns and which store they have a preorder from.
  4. Ravey

Ravey Newcomer, in training Posts: 20

"Video games are past their best days. It's not even about the gameplay anymore. It's like you're being guided through an experience versus actually having one yourself"

You have hit the nail on the head there, but not in the way you think. Being guided through an experiance is a positive not a negative attribute to the game.

I enjoy walking through the game and taking in the story. It's the story that drives you through the gameplay more than the gameplay itself.

Many games are taking this approach brcause of the engaging playablity it provides.

Okay so it lacks the skill involved in playing games like Metal Gear Solid (for example) but I have other games I can play for that kind of entertainment.

I wouldnt be surprised to see more Hollywood style games in the future. They will attract a greater audience. Just Imagine a game that feels like a film while you play it and not only engages the player but other viewers that may be watching.
  5. Puiu

Puiu TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,021   +87

Something like Heavy Rain?
  6. Ravey

Ravey Newcomer, in training Posts: 20

I never played Heavy Rain so I cant compare it.

maybe L.A Noire? I think this was also an attempt at a movie themed game where multiple viewers could help in trying to find clues to solve each case. My wife enjoyed watching me play the game because it was "crime scene drama". but she hated trying to the play the thing as it wasn't really intuitive enough for her.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.