Assassin’s Creed III is Ubisoft’s most pre-ordered game of all time

Shawn Knight

Staff member

French video game publisher Ubisoft has announced that Assassin’s Creed III has become the company’s most pre-ordered game of all time. The title has earned more than 40 prestigious awards since first being announced including Best E3 Action Game from Game Informer and IGN.

The studio didn’t reveal any hard numbers but senior vice president of sales and marketing Tony Key said the title already had twice as many pre-orders as the previous record holder, Assassin’s Creed: Revelations. Overall, the franchise has sold more than 40 million copies worldwide since the first game in the series was released in November 2007.

assassin creed iii ubisoft assassins creed 3

Assassin’s Creed III was co-developed by Ubisoft Montreal and six other studios. The game is set during the American Revolution in the late 18th century where new hero Connor will fight for liberty against ruthless tyranny in what is described by Ubisoft as the most stylized and fluid combat experience in the franchise to date.

Assassin’s Creed III launches next Tuesday on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 game consoles. The game will be a key launch title for Nintendo’s Wii U console on November 18 before debuting for PC gamers on November 20.

In the event you missed it, Ubisoft also recently announced plans to bring Assassin’s Creed to the big screen. In an interesting move, the studio is sidestepping Hollywood and will be producing the film itself. Michael Fassbender from “Prometheus” and “X:Men: First Class” will play the lead role. No further information has been released thus far.

Permalink to story.

ASSASSIN'S CREED FEATURES:
- Hold A and the direction and he does all the work for you! Run, jump, climb, traverse with ease!
- Have your hand held at every corner! Waypoints galore! The open world becomes a guided tour!
- More eavesdropping missions!

Video games are past their best days. It's not even about the gameplay anymore. It's like you're being guided through an experience versus actually having one yourself.

Can't wait to see all the internet tough guys post below flaming this comment.

And don't forget all the different DLC depending on which game console the person owns and which store they have a preorder from.

"Video games are past their best days. It's not even about the gameplay anymore. It's like you're being guided through an experience versus actually having one yourself"

You have hit the nail on the head there, but not in the way you think. Being guided through an experiance is a positive not a negative attribute to the game.

I enjoy walking through the game and taking in the story. It's the story that drives you through the gameplay more than the gameplay itself.

Many games are taking this approach brcause of the engaging playablity it provides.

Okay so it lacks the skill involved in playing games like Metal Gear Solid (for example) but I have other games I can play for that kind of entertainment.

I wouldnt be surprised to see more Hollywood style games in the future. They will attract a greater audience. Just Imagine a game that feels like a film while you play it and not only engages the player but other viewers that may be watching.

"Video games are past their best days. It's not even about the gameplay anymore. It's like you're being guided through an experience versus actually having one yourself"

You have hit the nail on the head there, but not in the way you think. Being guided through an experiance is a positive not a negative attribute to the game.

I enjoy walking through the game and taking in the story. It's the story that drives you through the gameplay more than the gameplay itself.

Many games are taking this approach brcause of the engaging playablity it provides.

Okay so it lacks the skill involved in playing games like Metal Gear Solid (for example) but I have other games I can play for that kind of entertainment.

I wouldnt be surprised to see more Hollywood style games in the future. They will attract a greater audience. Just Imagine a game that feels like a film while you play it and not only engages the player but other viewers that may be watching.

Something like Heavy Rain?

I never played Heavy Rain so I cant compare it.

maybe L.A Noire? I think this was also an attempt at a movie themed game where multiple viewers could help in trying to find clues to solve each case. My wife enjoyed watching me play the game because it was "crime scene drama". but she hated trying to the play the thing as it wasn't really intuitive enough for her.

Back