TechSpot

Assassin's Creed 2 street date broken, official launch tomorrow

By Justin
Nov 16, 2009
  1. Almost precisely one year to the day after Ubisoft announced a sequel to Assassin's Creed, their promised launch date has been shattered by rebellious retailers. Reports have come in about independent stores selling Assassin's Creed 2 as well as copies of Left 4 Dead 2, hours ahead of the sanctioned release time (tomorrow). This has supposedly caused a reaction from bigger chains like GameStop, who responded by releasing the games early as well -- just as they did with Modern Warfare 2 in some regions.

Read the whole story

2. Puiu

Puiu TS Evangelist Posts: 1,663   +387

Is it just me or do we have an abnormal high number of game related news here? This year we have a lot of new good and/or highly anticipated games. BTW have you guys seen the entire "Assassins Creed: Lineage" movie? It's really good. I hope they make a sequel.

3. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,218   +157

Just curious Puiu, what do you mean by 'abnormal high'? it is a PC tech site, and gaming is a large area of interest for lots of folks. :)

4. Eddie_42

Eddie_42 TS Rookie Posts: 173

Hooray, PC gamers get hosed again.

Maybe they will use the extra time to implement a real keyboard interface instead of just re-mapping the console controller diamond to arbitrary keys. Here's hoping.

5. this is bull ****.
    whY r pc gamers alwaYs dumped

6. AfricanTech

AfricanTech TS Rookie Posts: 69

XBox Controller works pretty well on Windows !

I'll never go back to keyboard/mouse again - now that I'm in my 40's I suppose I'm a 'casual' gamer so I don't need the 'hardcore' performance of the younger players - casual pickup is good enough...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.