Assassin's Creed 2 street date broken, official launch tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Almost precisely one year to the day after Ubisoft announced a sequel to Assassin's Creed, their promised launch date has been shattered by rebellious retailers. Reports have come in about independent stores selling Assassin's Creed 2 as well as copies of Left 4 Dead 2, hours ahead of the sanctioned release time (tomorrow). This has supposedly caused a reaction from bigger chains like GameStop, who responded by releasing the games early as well -- just as they did with Modern Warfare 2 in some regions.

Regardless of this, Ubisoft will likely have cause to celebrate as Assassin's Creed 2 is being released to high expectations, with early predictions of high volume sales. As a side note, those initial sales will be sourced exclusively from Xbox 360 and PS3 releases of the game, as the PC version isn't due for release until next year.

The same scenario surrounded the original game, with consoles getting a release several months before the PC. Eventually Ubisoft made it up to PC gamers by giving them PC exclusive content. That may not happen this time around, but PC gamers can always hope.

Permalink to story.

Is it just me or do we have an abnormal high number of game related news here? This year we have a lot of new good and/or highly anticipated games. BTW have you guys seen the entire "Assassins Creed: Lineage" movie? It's really good. I hope they make a sequel.

Puiu said:
Is it just me or do we have an abnormal high number of game related news here? This year we have a lot of new good and/or highly anticipated games. BTW have you guys seen the entire "Assassins Creed: Lineage" movie? It's really good. I hope they make a sequel.

Just curious Puiu, what do you mean by 'abnormal high'? it is a PC tech site, and gaming is a large area of interest for lots of folks. :)

Hooray, PC gamers get hosed again.

Maybe they will use the extra time to implement a real keyboard interface instead of just re-mapping the console controller diamond to arbitrary keys. Here's hoping.

XBox Controller works pretty well on Windows !

I'll never go back to keyboard/mouse again - now that I'm in my 40's I suppose I'm a 'casual' gamer so I don't need the 'hardcore' performance of the younger players - casual pickup is good enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back