TechSpot

Assassin's Creed 2 street date broken, official launch tomorrow

By Justin
Nov 16, 2009
  1. Almost precisely one year to the day after Ubisoft announced a sequel to Assassin's Creed, their promised launch date has been shattered by rebellious retailers. Reports have come in about independent stores selling Assassin's Creed 2 as well as copies of Left 4 Dead 2, hours ahead of the sanctioned release time (tomorrow). This has supposedly caused a reaction from bigger chains like GameStop, who responded by releasing the games early as well -- just as they did with Modern Warfare 2 in some regions.

Read the whole story

2. Puiu

Puiu TS Maniac Posts: 1,077   +100

Is it just me or do we have an abnormal high number of game related news here? This year we have a lot of new good and/or highly anticipated games. BTW have you guys seen the entire "Assassins Creed: Lineage" movie? It's really good. I hope they make a sequel.

3. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,906   +90

Just curious Puiu, what do you mean by 'abnormal high'? it is a PC tech site, and gaming is a large area of interest for lots of folks. :)

4. Eddie_42

Eddie_42 TS Rookie Posts: 213

Hooray, PC gamers get hosed again.

Maybe they will use the extra time to implement a real keyboard interface instead of just re-mapping the console controller diamond to arbitrary keys. Here's hoping.

5. this is bull ****.
    whY r pc gamers alwaYs dumped

6. AfricanTech

AfricanTech TS Rookie Posts: 71

XBox Controller works pretty well on Windows !

I'll never go back to keyboard/mouse again - now that I'm in my 40's I suppose I'm a 'casual' gamer so I don't need the 'hardcore' performance of the younger players - casual pickup is good enough...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.