TechSpot

Assassin's Creed/CoD Black Ops II issue

By andy06shake
Nov 21, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I seem to be having some issues with Assassins Creed and COD Black Ops 2. My system is locking up and requires a hard reset after sporadic crashes. I have all the latest drivers(Nvidia 310.61beta) installed and my rig is more than able to handle the requirments of these games. All my temps are fine GPU 50-60c CPU 40-50c. Anybody any ideas?

2. fluidz

fluidz TS Rookie

Hi Andy, I've exactly the same issue with both games, which has recently only started to happen. Theres a thread at OverclockersUk where people with the same issue are seeking an answer too. I'm using an Ati 7970, with Windows 8. So it doesn;t look like it's my card after all.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18461684

3. andy06shake

andy06shake TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 327

Best solution so far is underclock you GFX card by 50-100Mhz. Hope this helps.

4. fluidz

fluidz TS Rookie

It has helped, thanks.

5. andy06shake

andy06shake TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 327

No prob mate. The annoying part for me is Nvidia has not even bothered to provide a solution in there latest driver update. Dont know about ATI.

6. fluidz

fluidz TS Rookie

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.