TechSpot

Assistance finding motherboard manual/jumper settings

By Justin
Jul 5, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Look it's me again, the 10-post 4-month dissapearing wonder :D

A friend of mine shipped me a motherboard and CPU to replace my current server (which is at a supremely fast speed of 233mhz with 128mb of 60ns EDO ram, pa-2005 mobo). He didn't have a manual or any info on it, and since I plan to tweak and overclock I really need a manual/jumper settings map.

I've looked all over and I've found many references any even benchmarks, and some guy in denmark offering to sell the manual for $16 (haha yeah right).

Anyone know where a comprehensive manual database is, or can help me find the manual to this one? I don't know the exact type, the BIOS reading is:

xx/xx/xxxx 577+ ITE8661

BIOS date is 07/15/1998, AWARD BIOS.

The board supports both AT and ATX power supplies, has 3 SDRAM 168pin slots, 3 PCI slots, 2 ISA slots, 1 AGP slot, onboard sound card, 2 USB ports, an AT keyboard port, PS/2 mouse port, PS/2 infrared port, socket 7.

It has an AMD k6-2/333mhz in it that is currently running at 300mhz, and 320mb RAM.

Thanks in advance for any help,

~ Soul
  2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

According to this page ( http://computertech.server101.com/xpro.htm), that board is using an a Via MVP3 chipset. With that much info, it's gonna be hard to find the brand though.

3. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 1,145

4. Justin

Justin TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 1,595

I already knew the type/chipset(found out a few minutes after I posted), turns out its a pcchips m577, just like I thought, and just like I thought, they no longer have any documentation on it and a google hit to an old page of theirs with an FTP link to download the manual results only in timeouts.

I need a *manual*.

Or at least a jumper reference.
  5. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 1,145

6. Justin

Justin TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 1,595

"with an FTP link to download the manual results only in timeouts"

I was referring to that link you just gave me. The FTP simply times out, I cannot download that.

And I know what adobe is and that it reads pdf files.
  7. Tarkus

Tarkus TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 837

8. beexps

beexps TS Rookie

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.