Asus 9250 TD

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigdexter1

OK--- I have a ASUS 9250 TD 128 video card and It definately helps with the graphics. But I was just reading a review on it and this one review says that he can change colors through it.

: Was looking for a good quality 2D card that had DVI out for a future LCD monitor upgrade. I've been a loyal Matrox user for years, but simply could not justify paying for the P650. ATI has a reputation for having crisp 2D, so I began to research their card features. I'm not a gamer and can not evaluate this card for that purpose. I read one online review site that compared several 9250 cards from various makers. One comment was the ASUS card had a bit better text quality than the others. So, I took the plunge. At 1280 x 1024, the 2D quality seems just as good as my old Matrox G450. I bumped the resolution to 1600 x 1200 and was surprised to find the quality was still as good as my Matrox. This card does not have a heatsink fan, so it will not increase the noise in your case. I've not noticed an increase in overall heat in the system. One of the nicest surprises was finding the ATI software included allowed me to change the color settings on my 19" Hitachi monitor, which the Matrox nor the monitor settings allowed me to do. I feel like I have a new monitor with the beautiful rich colors! I'm very glad I chose this card and will probably purchase another to upgrade the other computer in the house.

I can't seem to do this. Is this software located in the driver?

When I seem to play games the screen is very dark. I have adjusted the brightness on the game options and on the screen. I even have a 'game' setting on my monitor and with that set it still is medioker at best.

Any help would be great!

Generally theres a "Brightness" or "Gamma" setting in game, but:

If you have the latest ATI Catalyst Drivers, theres a whole swag of colour/brightness/overlay settings.

Your card may have shipped with an older version?

You'll need .NET installed. (It's available on this page too)

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=27

Thats the link for XP, just go to ATI and follow the prompts if you run something else...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back