Asus A7n8x Deluxe Bios Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am building a computer from some old parts and new stuff from offline. I have the asus a7n8x deluxe motherboard(new), AMD xp 1700+ processor(new), 512mb of pc2100 memory(new), and a 20gb Western Digital Harddrive(taken from old pc). When i got everything installed and booted up the pc, the computer said that the processor speed changed and to update the BIOS settings. SInce i do not know much about BIOS i looked for about 15 minutes and could not figure out how to update the bios settings. I had screwed around with a couple of things so i set all the settings back to default then exited and saved changes. Right after i pressed enter to exit and save changes the pc just shut off. Now when i start the pc i can hear everything running but nothing shows up on the moniter. help please.

turn ur machine on - and straight away hold down 'home' until the machine posts (this resets the bios) then hit delete and enter the bios settings. move along until the option advance bios settings (i think that whats it called) appears and select that. one of the first options will be CPU FSB or something similar - set this to 133Mhz, hit F10 save and exit - the machine should now boot fine

Steg

my pc still wont boot up. All i get is a black screen on my moniter and the noise from the fans everytime i try and boot up my pc no matter what i try to do.

There's a very nasty bug on nForce2 motherboards where the BIOS get corrupted after tweaking it or updating it.

If you can, check out this site -> www.badflash.com where you can send your BIOS chip & they can attempt to fix it for you.

Some other people advise to take out the CMOS battery for a whole day, other to try a clear CMOS with the battery taken out.

See if any of those work.

Taken from http://www.lostcircuits.com/motherboard/soltek_sl75mrnl/5.shtml

As with all nForce2 boards, the remedy for the BIOS bug is extremely simple, disconnect the system from power, hold the insert key on the keyboard (this may not work with USB keyboards, though), reconnect power while holding the Insert key and start her up. The board will default back to a 100 MHz FSB in this case and allow to enter the CMOS setup to change the settings to what is workable.

ah ha - there the problems its insert not home - heh sorry - i didnt do it on purpose :D

Steg

So you all know, theres a jumper on the motherboard. You just take the pin or whatever you wanna call it, switch it over to the other prong for a sec or two, then put it back to how it was. That'll reset the CMOS. Just RTFM :haha: Thats a last resort anyways ;)

I've tried the jumper, the 'insert' key and every other idea I can come up with and my motherboard will STILL not post. I have removed everything from it without success. Is there any way to tell if the mother board is good without having to take it into the shop?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

MOBO won't POST

Place one hand on case metal, do not let go until you are done in computer! Static electricity may do damage that shows weeks later.
Tilt the MOBO so all adaptor card slots face down. Remove all adaptor cards. This helps get crud out of card slots. Or do it right side up & get crud deepr in card connectors. Use alcohol to clean card edge connectors. Main connector problem is finger prints.
Do same for memory cards.
Brush or blow all cat hair, skin, lint & other crud out of computer & power supply.
Is one hand still on case metal?
Install only memory & video cards. Watch POST. Set BIOS to do long memory tests. You may have to use default BIOS settings.
When reliable posting completes without errors, other cards can be added. You may need to get OS running properly before adding cards.
If MOBO will not post with only memory & video card installed and default settings of BIOS then get manual for MOBO and check:
All jumpers
Beep sound codes
Power supply connectors
Check LEDs per MOBO manual

I quit, this post is too long already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back