How to enable TPM

learninmypc

IF I do this
[HEADING=1]How to enable TPM[/HEADING]
If you need to enable TPM, these settings are managed via the UEFI BIOS (PC firmware) and vary based on your device. You can access these settings by choosing: Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Restart now.

From the next screen, choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > UEFI Firmware Settings > Restart to make the changes. These settings are sometimes contained in a sub-menu in the UEFI BIOS labeled Advanced, Security, or Trusted Computing. The option to enable the TPM may be labeled Security Device, Security Device Support, TPM State, AMD fTPM switch, AMD PSP fTPM, Intel PTT, or Intel Platform Trust Technology.

If you are unsure how to make any needed changes to the TPM settings, we recommend that you check your PC manufacturer’s support information or contact their support organization. Below are links to information from some PC manufacturers to help you get started: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...2-360d-4f46-a1e7-ae6b0c90645c#bkmk_enable_tpm The laptop was a W 8.0 when I got it 2nd hand a few years ago. IF I do this & it gets messed up, can I reset it to factory settings, back to W10??

I just reset the laptop to factory settings & am wondering why it still has the browser & other programs on it? I know VLC, Opera & Google Earth don't come pre installed, just curious, thanks

Back