Asus a7n8x deluxe motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all i'm new to the forum and would like to say hello to all
I need help with two problems
The first is this: The post reporter continualy repeats over and over again cpu failure and theres nothing wrong with the cpu.I have disabled it in bios but she won't stop also iv'e tried to delete it in winbond but it continues
Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it?

Question two the system was set to 200 fsb with a multiple of 11 but the bios has reverted to 100fsb if i change it to what it was ie 200 it won't boot The board has been working flawlessly for over two years.The only thing i changed is i removed one stick of ram to put in another board could that be the cause

cpu amd 2500 barton

twinmos 512mb pc 3200 ram
If you need more info just ask

kenaba

How is the post reporter telling? Beeps? How many and short/long?

Swap the ram you took out with the ram you left in - I'd bet on a bad module.

HI cct i should of made myself more clear This is the vocal speech post messages There are no bleeps just vocal messages

From what I can discern the stock setting for that cpu in bios is 166 with a multiplier of 11. People running the unlocked versions higher than 166 also had to adjust core voltages.

I may be wrong - I am not an overclocker (not even an overachiever).

:)

the a7n8x deluxe rev 2.00 has 200 mhz fsb support x 2 the board has been set this way from new and i have never changed core voltages

LOL - I was researching the -E version; in any case, pull the cmos battery or use the cmos jumper to reset it and try again.

HI cct i could do the cmos thing but that's not what im'e after i want to get rid of that stupid woman altogether

The site: http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/bb/ftopic205774.html

has a post by 'Paul' that includes, in part, "

"No CPU installed" message is from a hard wired signal.

"System failed CPU test" and "System failed memory test"
use the timer inside the Winbond chip. The rest of the
messages in the table, can only be triggered by the
system processor writing the appropriate event code
into the Winbond chip.

If the BIOS setting is disabled, it is easy to see that
everything except the three cases above will be disabled.
What I don't see, is how the "No CPU installed" message
can be stopped, as the signal just comes from the CPU
socket and goes to the Winbond chip."

The message i get is system failed CPU test over and over again so after reading pauls post what can i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back