Asus, Acer kill off netbooks as Chromebook tops popularity chart on Amazon

By Jos
Jan 3, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Once the rising stars of the personal computing industry, netbooks have fallen out of grace in the last few years, replaced in consumer's hearts by tablets or more powerful ultra-slim laptops. Samsung, Dell and Toshiba already walked out of this...

Read more
  2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,267   +217

I think a large portion of them dying is that Windows 8 won't work on them out of the box because most have 1024x600 resolution which is too low. You can edit the registry's Display1_DownScalingSupported to get it to work, but most people aren't going to do that. The thing is, it is a completely bs and artificial limitation, MS just did it because they are pushing their Surface.
  3. Polaco

Polaco Newcomer, in training Posts: 41   +8

Really Chromebook tops popularity? Who on earth buys a Chromebook? One of the useless devices ever seen!
  4. This is a shame, I've always been a fan of Netbooks. infact, the only laptops (altho only 2) I've owned have been netbooks. the idea being high performance gaming on my power-hungry desktop, everything else on low power netbook.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.