0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
By karan samant
Jun 30, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi guys my name is karan . I just build my pc a couple of months back and while I'm playing a heavy game on it always restarts and show this error I dont know what to do pls guys help me my pc specs are -
    amd fx 4100 3.6 ghz
    asus m5a78l-m-lx v2 motherboard
    4gb ram
    amd radeon hd 6670 2 gb ddr3
    500gb hdd
    iball 400 watt psu (got free with my iball cabinet) , pls guys help me
  2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,340   +294

SURGE is normally associated with an increase in line voltage and that can be deadly to the PS and other components.

A DROP-OUT is when A/C voltage goes below minimum and this can effect the system too.

If power is poorly regulated (ie it fluctuates periodically), I would get a UPS to condition the power better. I have two: one for the computer equipment and another for my large LED tv.

You can get a cheap multi-meter to measure and monitor the voltage visually and then when you get the error, glance to confirm - - is it hi or low?

Personally, with only 400w PSU and your gaming environment, I would suspect you are stressing the PSU to its limit when gaming.
  3. karan samant

karan samant Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Yeah whenever I'm playing a game this **** only then happens otherwise no complains I think I should get a new psu what do you think can you tell me any suggestions of psu considering my pc specs

And the brand is also weak I ball

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.