Asus Crosshair IV Formula

Tank

Good day to all!

I am purchasing a ASUS Crosshair IV Formula next week, however I have one question I am unsure of.

I am not a fan of integrated audio in the least. I want to run a soundcard on this board, but if I am correct, it is my understanding there is no PCI slots at 1X. Will I still be able to run a soundcard on this board, or not?

I only intend to run one video card for now, as I simply have no use for 2 powerful cards.

Thanks.

The board has 4 PCI-E x16 slots and 2 PCI slots.

PCI-E x1 devices should work fine on any PCI-E x1 / x4 / x8 / x16 slot.

Thats kind of an odd statement Tank. Being 'on board audio' does not make it good or bad. on board audio runs from excellent to not so good. I have an Crosshair IV Formula, and the X-FI is very good. unless you are going to spend big bucks to replace it, you will be replacing it with something inferior.

I only intend to run one video card for now, as I simply have no use for 2 powerful cards.
also, if you are going to run only a single card, you may want to purchase something else. A large Part of what you are paying for is 42 PCIE lanes. If you have no plans to exploit that, you can save yourself quite a few bucks and get the 890GX chipset for $80 less. Running a single card on the IV does not make much sense as you are paying for what you wont use. Something Like this would make sense for a single card setup:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131631

also, if you are going to run only a single card, you may want to purchase something else. A large Part of what you are paying for is 42 PCIE lanes. If you have no plans to exploit that, you can save yourself quite a few bucks

I couldn't agree with this more, its like buying a Ferarri 458 Italia, and then driving it like a Prius .......

Back