TechSpot

Asus delays dual-screen hybrid Taichi ultrabooks until Dec. or later

By Matthew
Nov 28, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Asus has reportedly delayed the launch of its upcoming dual-screen Taichi ultrabooks. Unveiled at Computex in June, the hybrid systems were originally due to ship in November, soon after last month's release of Windows 8, but an Asus representative has...

Read more

2. dotVezz

dotVezz TS Enthusiast Posts: 117

I'll go ahead and say, even though I like most of what ASUS does.... these just don't look practical.

3. Critica1Hit

Critica1Hit TS Rookie Posts: 27

I actually disagree. I think it's very practical and it's uses include those normally covered by both laptops and tablets and then some... Like in an informal meeting setting where there is no projectors, you can easily search for the information you want your customers to see, and switch your view to theirs (front to back, if that's how its done... otherwise no point...)

My only problem with this design is the back screen (screen used as tablet version) will always be uncovered. And I'm not quite sure how screen covers would look like for them (not to mention how bulky/awkward they may feel)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.