Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime listed on Amazon

Shawn Knight

Staff member

The Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime tablet has found its way to Amazon. The listing looks to be a placeholder as there isn’t any option to pre-order, although some of the comments in the reviews section seem to indicate the tablet might have been available to pre-order when it was first listed yesterday.

An article from The Tech Report claims the 32GB model was available for $492.20 and the 64GB was listed at $584.22. The Transformer Prime is listed on Amazon’s Canadian website for $499 CDN and $599 CDN for the 32GB and 64GB versions, respectively, with either Amethyst Gray or Champagne rear covers. The site also has the matching keyboard dock priced at $149 CDN in both colors.

Nvidia recently posted a teaser video showing the Transformer Prime running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich late last week. As we learned earlier this month, the tablet will initially ship with Android 3.2 but users will be able to upgrade to ICS shortly after launch.

The Transformer Prime will be the first tablet to launch with Nvidia’s Tegra 3 processor, a quad-core (technically it has five cores ) SoC that the company says is five times faster than the Tegra 2 it replaces. Additional specifications include a 10.1-inch Super IPS+ display coated with Corning Gorilla Glass running at 1280 x 800, an 8MP rear camera with LED flash, F/2.4 aperture and a back illuminated CMOS sensor and a 1.2MP front camera. The tablet weighs just 586g (1.29 pounds) and is 8.3mm (0.33-inch) thin.

Permalink to story.

I can confirm that this link did allow you to preorder yesterday. I was lucky enough to notice and went for the 32 GB gray one.

Quad Core and it's own 3D GPU is the way to go. Prior dual core wasn't up to speed to run what you seen in that video.

captainawesome said:
Any decent reviews available yet? I'm looking to put this in my girlfriends Christmas stocking.

Well it hasn't been released yet, and only a few samples are floating around, but I would say go for it. I think your girlfriend would be very happy with one.

Back