Asus juggling new Eee PCs, Eee Pad, e-book readers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Asus is juggling quite the number of low-powered devices behind the scenes. According to industry sources cited by DigiTimes, Asus will unveil its rumored Eee Pad at Computex in June. The device is said to carry an Nvidia Tegra chip -- most likely second-generation -- and will cost under $500.

In addition to the 6-inch color OLED-based DR-570, the company reportedly has a second e-book reader up its sleeve. The DR-950 has a larger 9-inch grayscale 1024x768 touchscreen and weighs around 12 ounces. Neither e-book will arrive in the first half of 2010 though, the sources said.

The company also has several new 12.1-inch Eee PCs lined up, one of which features an Athlon Neo MV-40, Radeon HD 3200, a six-hour battery, and should launch next month. Others will supposedly use Nvidia's Ion 2 graphics chip with Intel's Pine Trail platform and are expected to appear sometime in April.

Permalink to story.

I just saw my first EeeTop PC today. Sexy little beast! It is an all-in-one desktop panel with a touch screen. I've also seen an engineering sample computer, where the computer is built-in to the keyboard. And the 10-key has been replaced with a touch display which can be used for your OS screen or as a second monitor with quick-access keys setup as you like. I'm really starting to like Asus' new products a lot.

Can't wait till these things are released in schools, It'd be a lot convenient than bringing a bunch of 10lb books. Probably not going be used in the education system in my school career. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back